• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Added to the Stable -

slowhand

Got a bottle of Bowmore 16YR 1989 CASK strength in today. It says limited edition. However, it was limited to 134 barrels. That's roughly 30,000 bottles. Limited to the number I want to buy I suppose.

Anyone taste it yet? I am looking forward to it. Bowmore is my favorite.

I have yet to try this scotch yet but i do enjoy bowmore scotch. I look forward to a review.

I flop between the Bowmore Legend and 12YR for a daily. One of my favorite is the Bowmore Darkest. Aged in bourbon cask and finished in Sherry Casks. A real delight. Keep in mind, Bowmore is an Islay malt and I find inexperienced single-malt folks don't take to it very well. Which is fine for me. They keep their hands of it :)

Bowmore Darkest is my favorite of the "standard" Bowmores. However, if you just want to try Bowmore then McClelland's Islay is, in fact, 5 yo Bowmore and cost $20 or a bit less in most places.

I enjoy the Bowmore darkest. I also enjoy the 12 though i currently do not have a bottle of Bowmore. Maybe a purchase is in order :whistling:

I've seen the McClelland's Islay at the Liquor store, maybe I'll pick one up...it is after all payday tomorrow :D

Bowmore Darkest is my favorite of the "standard" Bowmores. However, if you just want to try Bowmore then McClelland's Islay is, in fact, 5 yo Bowmore and cost $20 or a bit less in most places.

I'm so glad I found out I'm not an Islay guy before I bought the Darkest.. it was edging toward the top of my list ..

Ya'll can relax. Peat and me are gonna be strangers.. :p

I'm so glad I found out I'm not an Islay guy before I bought the Darkest.. it was edging toward the top of my list ..

Ya'll can relax. Peat and me are gonna be strangers.. :p

To be fair, I find Bowmore to be one of the most approachable Islay malts. And I wouldn't be so fast to mark the Darkest off your list. Especially when you can fine it on sale @ $40 a pop, it is a fantastic bargain.

Damn! That is a great price, I buy two if I found for that in this neck of the woods.

Especially when you can fine it on sale @ $40 a pop, it is a fantastic bargain.

that IS a good price, I think I saw 46$ somewhere online and was shocked.

No, I've written off everything that has ever used the word peat in any ad. I don't Want any peat. :) There are more tastes that I like than that I don't, and peat suits me only in absolute arctic weather.. which I avoid.

I'm chasing anything better'n Macallan 18 as a full time hobby, and anything close to it at bargain prices.

So far, nearly as I can figure, there's not very MUCH cheap booze that's fit to drink.

Pity, that. :blush: