• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

Haven't been out much this year, but my driver is toast.

I went shopping for a driver and ended up getting an X2 hot 3W.  235 off the deck on the launch monitor and confirmed on the range.  Who needs a driver?

I have always like Ping hybrids.  I recently bought a used taylormade Rocketballz and its awesome.  I have a used Ping Rapture hybrid that's an 18 degree I will sell you for $55 shipped. Jake..or anyone...lmk

edited to put in a link to a newer one on ebay for reference and a picture.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271394743742?lpid=82

I have an Tour Edge 19* XCG5 that keeps coming in and out of the bag.  It has a great feel and is excellent off the tee.  I find it a little hard to get up in thick rough but, it is a great club.  Very Long....

the hybrid I have in my bag is a Bridgestone J40 4h with a Project X 6.0 shaft.  I really like it, and use it a lot, in the rough, fairway, tee.  It's a really versatile club.

I like the Rocketbalz 3 and just got the 5.  Tried the driver but ended up with a Titleist driver as the Golfsmith computer said it had a better shot distribution than the Rocketbalz.  It has been very reliable and fairway freindly off the tee for my swing.  I highly recommend going to one of those inside range things with the computer.  Helps makes a solid decision.

I just picked up a Callaway Big Bertha V Series driver and a X2 Hot Pro 3 wood.  I'm still trying to get used to them, but they are both great off the tee, and the 3 wood is pretty good in the fairway too.

Just purchased a new set of i25 irons - custom fit to my specs.   So far I love them.   Also, just booked a trip to Bandon Dunes for next April - can't wait. 

Nice Cookie.  I just got back from Ballyneal.  I took a few friends out there to play in their first annual Fall Pro-Am.  It was windy as "F" and I had to play hard.  It was amazing to be playing that type of golf using the land and not flying anything to the pin.  You will really enjoy Bandon.  Tom Doak is probably my favorite course designer.

I need to practice my bump and run, and putt and run for the next 6 months.  :D

Use your hybrid.  It is just like a putting stroke.  Don't accelerate through as much as you would on a standard chip shot.  It is really fun to utilize the lay of the land.  I hit a few that came back to my feet too.

Many years ago I was taught by our club pro Nash Haxel (Arkansas teammate of John Daly) to chip with a lofted iron 7,8 or 9 (depending on high you want the ball to go)by using the iron with a putting stroke and basically standing it on its toe so the shaft is vertical. With a bit of practice the ball pops out of tall grass and the distance is controllable. Great technique with a little practice.

Last couple times I've played I've shot in the 50s on the front, and 30s on the back. Stupid game

It is really hard to get it all going on the same direction at the same time.

How was everyone's season? Went out and practiced on the course a little today (they finally closed the greens last week) and guessing it will be simulator only now for the next few months since it's snowing currently. :(

I finally had a decent year. I think playing regularly is the key and it gave the opertunity to smoke a hole bunch of nice sticks. But as it always does; the weather is turning cold pretty dam quick so I guess it's time to dust off the ski's.