• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any cabinet builders in the house?

So you just burn the hell out of it, scrub it, then oil it up? Interesting.

Pretty much.
Since I'm planning on doing a raised panel door, I think I'm going to pass on the fire for these cabinets, since it seems like the finish might hide the details of the doors.

Looking good.
If you want a lighter "fire" effect can always rob a trasformer out of a microwave.

Looking good.
If you want a lighter "fire" effect can always rob a trasformer out of a microwave.

Crap, I just tossed a microwave out less than a year ago.

I have seen videos where the scrub the scorched material with a metal brush or stiffer nylon brushes to bring out some of the natural colors, but that's a lot of work for something that isn't a flat surface.

Hmmm haven't seen the brushed off scorching , will have to look up. I think what I was talking about is fractured burning , basically a transformer, wire and some kinda of solution.
Oh BTW when are you coming to build me new cabinets? LMAO

Hmmm haven't seen the brushed off scorching , will have to look up. I think what I was talking about is fractured burning , basically a transformer, wire and some kinda of solution.
Oh BTW when are you coming to build me new cabinets? LMAO

Yeah that fractured burn stuff is wild.

You couldn't afford me....lol

Used some scraps and glued up a panel. I was so proud of myself....it measured perfectly square.

Turned out beautiful! Then I discovered my flaw. It appears I don't know how to subtract 4 from 21....

I built the panel 1" too short! Oh well, I'll save it for a shorter cabinet.

IMG_20180825_142203.jpg

Haha, amazing how hard measuring/math can be sometimes! I've been looking for an adult ed woodworking class around here once football is over as I'd love to get into it, but don't have a clue.

Haha, amazing how hard measuring/math can be sometimes! I've been looking for an adult ed woodworking class around here once football is over as I'd love to get into it, but don't have a clue.

I watch tons of YouTube videos, then try to apply it in the garage.
I'm a total noob, but I've gotten good at building cabinet bodies. I've done three or four sets. This is my second face frame project, and first door project. In the past I'd just buy off the shelf cabinets from the big box and transfer their solid wood faces to my cabinet bodies.

My idiot math error was alcohol driven. I was watching the video on door layout and scratching notes at the same time with a rum in hand. I never double checked my manual math and it bit me.

I did another panel glue up last night, and just ran it through the planer, so getting ready to rip it to width and length.

Measure twice. Double check against the frame. Cut once. And hope I do it right this time. :D

yeah yeah, the old saying....measure twice, cut once...... That don't work for me, I measure 5 times, think about it several times, check again, then cut..... Doah! wrong! Is it just me???
:p:p:p

I watch tons of YouTube videos, then try to apply it in the garage.
I'm a total noob, but I've gotten good at building cabinet bodies. I've done three or four sets. This is my second face frame project, and first door project. In the past I'd just buy off the shelf cabinets from the big box and transfer their solid wood faces to my cabinet bodies.

My idiot math error was alcohol driven. I was watching the video on door layout and scratching notes at the same time with a rum in hand. I never double checked my manual math and it bit me.

I did another panel glue up last night, and just ran it through the planer, so getting ready to rip it to width and length.

Measure twice. Double check against the frame. Cut once. And hope I do it right this time. :D

I don't even have a garage at the moment, so am a ways off. Never enough time or money to do everything I want!