• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone had Wild Turkey Forgiven?

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
I'd be curious to hear any feedback on this one time version of Wild Turkey.

I can't seem to find any in my area, but if it's good I may try searching a little harder.  Being that it's looking like a one time thing, it may be worth grabbing anyway.

If you've had it or seen it, please let me know what you think.

I've been looking around locally but haven't found it. I did get an email showing that an email newsletter I'm subscribed to has it in stock: http://caskers.com/product/wild-turkey-forgiven-whiskey/ Been thinking about pulling trigger on it. Not sure how that price matches up.

You have to be registered there to buy from them. Anyone can sign up for an account with them, but if you sign up through this link: http://caskers.com/welcome?fromAffUserid=26262 I get a credit if you buy anything. I'm not affiliated with them, just signed up for their emails, and I'm almost positive you can just register through the site itself, without using my link.

I´m still pissed they stopped making the rye 101! :(

I was able to grab a bottle.  I probably won't open it until snow starts to fall, that's when whiskey is best in my opinion.  But I'll update this post when I have a glass.

Had some the other night...not a bad drink, I am usually not a big WT fan but this one could potentially sit on my shelf.

They haven't stopped making the 101 but have cut production in favor of the 81.  It's out there just a little harder to find that's all.
vortex said:

AVB said:
They haven't stopped making the 101 but have cut production in favor of the 81.  It's out there just a little harder to find that's all.
Thanks for the heads-up! I had tried getting the largest B&Ms to order it but they kept sending the 81 instead. I'll try online now.

Why pay an inflated price for a 750 of WT Forgiven.
Mix three parts of WT 101 Bourbon with one part of WT Rye 101.
BONUS! -  One bottle of WT 101 Bourbon and one bottle of WT 101 Rye cost less than a single bottle of WT Forgiven.
The marketing boys at WT hit one out of the park with this one!

cubacroc said:
Why pay an inflated price for a 750 of WT Forgiven.
Mix three parts of WT 101 Bourbon with one part of WT Rye 101.
BONUS! -  One bottle of WT 101 Bourbon and one bottle of WT 101 Rye cost less than a single bottle of WT Forgiven.
The marketing boys at WT hit one out of the park with this one!

I hear you on that, but sometimes I don't mind paying money for something based on the uniqueness of it alone.  I will say that having the bottle around during the holidays was definitely a conversation piece in my house. 

I knew going in to the bottle that it was a marketing ploy, but I don't mind spending the money to see how it turned out.  In my opinion I doubt it was even an "accident" but rather just a way to put out a special edition prior to the holidays.

By the way, I did get two bottles.  I've drank half of one and shipped the other to my brother.  I won't be getting a third.