• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Anejo #46 '08

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s been beautiful pretty much all week with the temperature getting up into the high sixties, low seventies. Of course the weekend gets here, and it’s cold and raining first thing Saturday morning. Ah well, at least it IS the weekend! :D I’m smoking Andrew’s No. 10 stick this morning. It has a dark maduro shade wrapper where the edge of the wrapper leaf is darker than the middle, making the cigar have a faint resemblance to a barber pole. There’s noticeable oil in the wrapper as well and the cigar is coarse with a good weight in the hand, a slight give when squeezed. I punch the rounded cap and find the draw good with tastes of cinnamon and raisin. Maybe this is a breakfast smoke! :laugh: ???

Beginning 1/3
I torch the foot and get the burn going good, then take a slow, long draw. A perfect amount of white pepper spice on the back of the throat with tastes of sweet cocoa, earth, and worn leather coming through in the medium to full bodied smoke. My second draw I take a bit too much smoke and get an immediate head rush, swooning just a bit. This cigar has some power to it! I like it! The smoke is smooth and cool and has a nice finish; can definitely taste the sweet maduro wrapper.

Middle 1/3
The burn is sharp with a strong, medium gray ash forming. I find the draw perfect with the medium to full-bodied smoke flowing freely and very smooth. A nice spice is still hitting the back of the throat and sweet maduro flavor coming through with cocoa and dark earth. There’s a semi-lasting finish on the palate. I’m finding strength in the smoke that continues to make my head swim a bit, but in a good way.

Final 1/3
I’m still finding the smoke to have a very strong body with sweet cocoa flavor and dark earth undertones. The burn has continued to be sharp with a medium gray ash, and the draw perfect. The finish has remained semi-lasting with good flavor.

Summary: This was a very strong cigar in both body and flavor with a sweet, sugary taste from the maduro wrapper on the top with cocoa and dark earth undertones. There was a perfect spice in the medium to full bodied smoke, and a decent finish on the palate. The burn was sharp throughout with a strong gray ash.

This is cigar #10 in Moki’s blind cigar review 2 – Click Here

02-14-09MokiNo10001.jpg

02-14-09MokiNo10002.jpg

02-14-09MokiNo10003.jpg

Nice review! :thumbs:

Sounds like you enjoyed my favorite Anejo, Greg! They're all good cigars, IMO, but I'd gladly buy two #46's instead of a Shark or a #55.

I loved your detailed pictorial!

Steve

I just smoked one of these tonight. I gave a friend a WOAM, and to be honest I was a little jealous. The anejo didn't open up like I know it could. I had a blockage that caused some draw problems. The flavor held through some relights, but it was frustrating none the less. I enjoyed my Yamazaki single malt way more than the cigar. I'm gonna tone down the humidity in the humidor that stick was in and hope for the best. Glad you fully enjoyed it.

Nice review! :thumbs:

Sounds like you enjoyed my favorite Anejo, Greg! They're all good cigars, IMO, but I'd gladly buy two #46's instead of a Shark or a #55.

I loved your detailed pictorial!

Steve

You have great taste my good man. The #46 is my favorite Anejo and in my top 3 all around. These are the only "special" cigars I actively seek.

Great review, as always, Greg. :thumbs:

Great review, thanks for sharing. The 46 is my favorite Anejo, hands down. The 2008 46s out of the box had a bit of a different taste, and not in a bad way at all, but I smoked one on Sunday and it seemed to taste more like an Anejo again. I recall someone on the board here specifically said the 2008 Anejos had an "identity crisis" right out of the box.

Great review, thanks for sharing. The 46 is my favorite Anejo, hands down. The 2008 46s out of the box had a bit of a different taste, and not in a bad way at all, but I smoked one on Sunday and it seemed to taste more like an Anejo again. I recall someone on the board here specifically said the 2008 Anejos had an "identity crisis" right out of the box.

Funny you should say that, I agree. I've smoked three or four 46's from a 2008 box with two being great, one being so-so, and another not very good at all. Same with the 50's I've tried.

That's very interesting. I have a few left from 08. I'll have to compare.

Edit. Thanks for the review.

Sounds like a great smoke. If I can ever get my hands on one around where I live I will grab some.

Great review as always. One of my all time favorites. A cigar that lives up to the hype. These always give me a healthy buzz as well.