• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 49

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Another warm day here in the south, the temperature gauge reading right at 86F and the humidity at 56% with a slight breeze blowing through every now and again. While the wife puts the baby girl down for a nap, I decide to come out back and relax with an Anejo No. 49 that I received from Charley one year ago (band I put on it has 07/08, cool).

The Maduro wrapper is very dark with noticeable oil and minimal veins. It has a solid weight in the hand, firm when squeezed, and not too much resistance in the draw with a nice cocoa taste coming through. The cigar lights easily and smoke is flowing well in no time with a nice spice on the back of the throat and rich cocoa, leather, and dark earth coming through in the good medium-bodied smoke.

The burn is sharp with a light gray ash forming that holds strong until tapped off in the ashtray. Although the draw is a tad bit on the loose side, it’s working really well with the strength of the smoke. Flavors remain consistent through the first third with a nice finish upon initial exhale; however I’m finding it short on the palate.

Whew it’s hot out here. I’m actually feeling stick from the heat and humidity. It’s taking some time to finally hit the halfway mark on this cigar. The smoke itself seems to now be full-bodied with dark cocoa, earth, and worn leather tastes coming through. There’s a good spiciness in it as well that hits the back of the throat just right. I’m starting to get that rich taste in the finish that I’ve really come to enjoy in most of the Anejo vitolas, not quite long on the palate, but lasting more than in the first half.

This is one very long smoke! Whew! Towards the end, the smoke is still a good medium to full body with a nice splash of spice on the back of the tongue and throat. Flavors continue to be that of dark, sweet cocoa, earth, and now a more charred wood. The burn is sharp with a light to medium gray ash forming that only falls on its own once, and the finish is very good and lasting on the palate.

I very much enjoyed this smoke, however I will say I didn’t find it to have as much richness as I do in the smaller vitolas. The burn was sharp throughout with nice, dark flavors and good, lasting finish. Thank you Charley for a nice smoke on a relaxing Saturday afternoon!

07-11-09Anejo49001.jpg

07-11-09Anejo49002.jpg

07-11-09Anejo49003.jpg

As always, nice review, Greg.... :thumbs:

IMHO the #48 is the sweet spot in the line. But, the #48 and #49 are my fave vitolas out of the line up..... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Great review, Greg! :) What mean looking cigars those Anejo's are! :whistling: