• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Between The Lines 2006

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s cloudy, breezy, and 50F on the back porch this morning, winter definitely on its way. The sun is peeking in and out of the clouds as it comes over the treeline, supposed to clear up a little and hit about 60 today. We’re taking Jess to a “punkin’ patch” today, pics to come later. :D

I’m putting fire to a BTL received from Daniel (Dguterman), thanks again sir! The cigar has beautiful construction with the maduro and natural wrapper in a perfect spiral, smooth and oily with no prominent veins to be found. It’s very firm when squeezed and has a good weight in the hand. Believe it or not, I left my punch knife on the dresser in the bedroom and just don’t feel like getting it, so I clipped the cap, and put fire to the tapered foot.

The cigar came to life immediately with a good amount of medium strength smoke flowing through in the perfect draw. I get a mild to medium white pepper spice on the tongue and throat, hitting just right. Flavors are quite rich, a distinct taste of sweetened, dark cocoa and cedar wood with a bit of worn leather and roasted nuts. The finish is delicious upon exhale, however doesn’t last very long.

A third in, the burn is sharp and has been right from first lighting with a strong, dark gray ash forming. The smoke continues to be a medium strength, flowing well through the perfect draw, and flavors consistent with a sweet cocoa from the maduro wrapper and light toasted nuttiness from the natural, both intermingling together to make a perfect balance. The further in I get, the longer the finish is lasting, delicious on the palate.

Halfway and into the final third, the cigar performed perfectly with sharp burn, spot on draw, strength/flavors consistent to the end, and a delicious, lasting finish on the palate. Thoroughly enjoyable cigar with a cup of fresh brewed coffee. Many thanks to Daniel for sending such an excellent smoke!

10-17-09AFBTL001.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

Great post as usual Greg.

Out of curiosity and in your opinion, how do these compare to the Work Of Art, Maduro or Natural?

Great post as usual Greg.

Out of curiosity and in your opinion, how do these compare to the Work Of Art, Maduro or Natural?

Im curious about this as well. I had a WOAM and that thing was dry and bitter throughout. The burn wasn't the best either. I do love the looks of those BTL and that review makes them sound like they smoke just as good.
Thanks for the great review Greg.

Believe it or not, I left my punch knife on the dresser in the bedroom and just don’t feel like getting it, so I clipped the cap, and put fire to the tapered foot.

Someone call the Men in Black: Greg's been replaced by an alien replicant.

Believe it or not, I left my punch knife on the dresser in the bedroom and just don’t feel like getting it, so I clipped the cap, and put fire to the tapered foot.

:laugh:

Most WOAM's I've smoked have been really good, actually smoked one early this past week (thanks JimmyHaze), that was absolutely the best WOAM I have ever smoked. No idea the age, but it was very oily and had the most tooth I'd ever seen in both wrapper and ash. I would've taken a pic of it, but I was out under the Walnut tree in the swing and didn't feel like going in the house to get it.

The BTL for me was really in between (Ha! Pun right there!) a WOAM and a WOAN. WOAMs to me have a bit more sweet richness and are heavier in body whereas the WOAN doesn't seem quite as rich and is lighter in body. The BTL was right in between the two, pretty cool.

ZOMFG!!! Do you know how NICE it is to see Greg actually CUT a cigar?!?!?! :laugh: I have been eyeballing my BTL and wanted to do a review, but since Greg pooped all over my sandcastle, I shall enjoy it in peace and on my own time. :p

pooped all over my sandcastle,

[/quote]

That right there is my new favorite phrase. Thanks dog.

Greg, I'm glad you enjoyed this cigar. I honestly find it to be highly overrated. Very mild, bland taste, nothing that really jumps out at me. I guess that's why the phrase "smoke what you like" came about. :laugh:

Great review Kingantz! I'm going to have to try one of these someday.

Greg, I'm glad you enjoyed this cigar. I honestly find it to be highly overrated. Very mild, bland taste, nothing that really jumps out at me. I guess that's why the phrase "smoke what you like" came about. :laugh:

X2. But they are nice to look at :p

Brian

Thanks for the review and photos. I can't believe the ash on that one.. wow!

A BTL is definitely on my list of cigars to try... now all I have to do is acquire one.

Nice review Greg. I had one of these the other day, it's an interesting smoke, you get a neat flavor balance from the two wrappers.

Nice write up! This is one of my dream smokes. I can't seem to get my hands on one, even when I broke down and attempted to pay $37 plus shipping the order went through and then canceled because they were out. I have to get one now!

They start selling/production around the holidays right?

Wow Greg, not the review I was expecting at all, I really didn't like it, but glad to see you did ... what an ASH!

Hell of an ash stand my friend! Glad to hear your take on these. I have a couple that have been resting for a year or so, always hear such mixed review on these...

I had one a while back that was decent but not worth the $17 IMO. It was creamy and chocolatey at first but after the halfway mark it started to taste just like a WOAM. Not bad flavors but if I want a WOAM I'll pay $9 and smoke those.