• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Fuente Opus X Reserva D’Chateau

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It was an excellent birthday yesterday, ending up having a huge filet mignon seared on the grill and absolutely perfect. Afterwards, Jess jumped in the pool and I settled down on the patio with a glass of scotch (make that a double :D ) and smoked an ’03 Bolivar Coronas Extra that I have to say was either past its prime or not properly stored at some point. The wife and I watched Solitary Man (Michael Douglas, Susan Sarandon, and Danny Devito) and were thoroughly disappointed in it, especially the ending.

So, I slept in quite late this morning and am feeling a bit rough around the edges, however it’s a beautiful day out and figured I’d lounge around under the walnut tree, smoke the Opus Chateau received in the MAWPIF from CJ (Wkoti). The band on it had 1/07, so it has a few years on it. The golden brown wrapper is smooth and oily looking, small veins running throughout with a few small green spots showing. It has a good weight in the hand, and squeezing it from head to foot I find a couple soft spots, one is about an inch and a half in length right below the band. I’m curious how the burn will be once it hits that area. I punch the cap with the largest ring on my knife and find a perfect resistance in the draw with good tobacco taste coming through.

Once lit, I take several quick puffs and let it sit for a moment, then take a few more quick puffs and let it rest again before taking my first draw. Satisfied that the cigar is ready, I take a long pull to get a mild to medium amount of spice with the strength following suit. The smoke is creamy smooth over the palate as I exhale leaving a rich, buttery taste of toasted nut, wood, and sweet, baked bread in the lasting finish.

Through the first third, the burn is sharp with a medium to light gray ash forming that I’m sure would’ve held on if I hadn’t dropped the stupid thing. I continue to get a mild to almost medium strength in both the smoke and spice with the body semi-heavy on the palate. Flavors are rich and as previously described maybe a bit of citrus now in the mix and the finish is really good upon initial exhale, yet somewhat short and dry on the palate.

Heading through the halfway mark, the spice and strength both begin to really pick up to a good medium strength, smoke flowing well through the perfect draw. The burn continues to be sharp, however the ash falls on its on. Flavors are full and rich on the palate with tastes as previously described leaving a delicious finish yet is still somewhat short and a bit dry.

The final third seemed to be the sweet spot to me, the strength quite full with the smoke smooth over the palate. Flavors are quite rich, taste of buttered toast and wood in the now lasting find that is not as dry. This was a long smoke, but one that I thoroughly enjoyed with sharp burn, perfect draw, and delicious flavor. Now it’s time to get in the house to cool off from being out in this 95F temperature.

08-11-10AFOpusChateau003.jpg

08-11-10AFOpusChateau001.jpg

08-11-10AFOpusChateau002.jpg

I'm glad you enjoyed it brother!!! I'm about to have something soon and the RDC sounds tasty!!!

Sounds like a grand way to celebrate the day after. Great review.