• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Opus X Lost City Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s partly cloudy out, warm and very muggy making my skin feel sticky. Luckily, there’s a slight breeze blowing that feels really good, but unfortunately not blowing enough to keep the aggrevating bugs away. I decided to come out and put fire to a Lost City robusto gifted to me by Monty (thank you sir). The wrapper is a darker brown than a regular Opus, has noticeable oil throughout, and one prominent vein running the length. It’s very firm when squeezed, has a good weight in the hand, and after punching the cap I find a perfect resistance with taste of straightforward tobacco in the cold draw.

I put fire to the foot and tons of smoke pours from the forming embers. After taking a few puffs, I take a long, slow draw and find a nice peppery spice on the tongue with the smoke itself medium to almost full in strength. It’s rather light on the palate with flavor of good, straightforward tobacco. There’s definitely a taste of the typical Opus profile in there, however it is different in some way, more earthy I think. Regardless, it is downright good leaving an excellent finish after exhaling slowly.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a whitish ash forming that is compact and holding strong until tapped off. The medium to full strength and spice is really smoothing out, which really enhances the delicious straightforward tobacco flavors coming through. The smoke continues to be somewhat light, almost fluffy and flowing in abundance through the perfect draw.

The cigar was consistent through halfway and into the final third with sharp burn, perfect draw, and delicious medium to full strength smoke that hit my palate just right. This was an absolute treat to smoke and want to thank Monty again for sending. Excellent cigar!

06-03-10OpusLostCityRobo001.jpg

06-03-10OpusLostCityRobo002.jpg

I've absolutely fallen in love with these, which, given their price and rarity, is an even more unfortunate occurrence than my ongoing fling with GOFs. :blush:

Great review, though! Just a fantastically pleasing smoke!

~Boar

I absolutely LOVE these things. The price is stupid, but I had to stock up. It's the same way I felt about the Tat Black jars when they were released: an almost perfect cigar.

I absolutely LOVE these things. The price is stupid, but I had to stock up. It's the same way I felt about the Tat Black jars when they were released: an almost perfect cigar.

Same here! The only thing I hate about them is the price.

Nice review and judging from the 3 other posts, I'll have to try these.

Glad you enjoyed it Greg. I've smoked 4 of of these things and the last one was one the best cigars I've ever smoked. They were all stored the same way, maybe the timing was just right. I think I'm gonna have to hunt down another 5'er :love:

Every time I log into CP, I stumble across a different Opus X stick. Damn....so many to try :\

I smoked it tonight and I have to safe it definitely wasn't a Opus x I liked at all. Way to mild and not much happening with it for me. But I'm glad you enjoyed it but it isn't one I will be adding to my collection. I will also say the Lost City Lancero with the black band has to be a real Lost City blend. When I wet the cap of the Robusto it had the same taste as when I did it with the Lancero. I prefer the Lost City Lancero with the black band and know it will age nicely. I have serious doubts about the Robusto. Oh well...can't always have a perfect Opus X.