• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Opus X Petit Lancero

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s already late in the evening, but decided to go ahead and put fire to this Opus Petit Lancero thinking it wouldn’t take too long to smoke before dinner. The cigar has a reddish brown wrapper that is oily with minimal veins. It is firm when squeezed, has a good weight in the hands, and with the tapered head clipped I find a perfect resistance in the draw.

After torching the foot (yep, found my lighter), I blow on the embers to get an even burn, then take a few puffs to get the smoke flowing well. My first draw brings a perfect spice on the throat with the smoke a medium strength with a full body that has a great depth to it. Flavors are rich right from the start with tastes of toasted nuts, worn leather, and a delicious cedar wood. Incredibly good.

The burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming in perfect layers that holds strong until tapped off. A mild spice continues to come through in the medium to not quite full strength smoke, flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. I’m amazed at the absolute richness in the flavors coming through with the finish lasting on the palate.

Halfway in and the smoke is oh so smooth having a buttery texture on the palate. This is probably one of the best Opus I’ve smoked to date IMHO, rich and complex to say the least. I exhale slowly through the mouth and nose, savoring the incredible flavors left on the palate, lasting long after the smoke is gone. I’m smacking my lips it’s so good.

I cannot say enough about how incredibly good this cigar was. Sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors with the smoke feeling smooth, creamy and a finish that would not quite. Again, this was probably one of the best Opus I’ve smoked, absolutely enjoyed it!

11-23-09OpusPL001.jpg

11-23-09OpusPL002.jpg

I cannot say enough about how incredibly good this cigar was. Sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors with the smoke feeling smooth, creamy and a finish that would not quite. Again, this was probably one of the best Opus I’ve smoked, absolutely enjoyed it!

Opus PL and #4 will always treat a Brother well.
Glad you enjoyed it Greg.

Art

Very nice, glad you got a "good" one. One of my top three of four Opus sizes (4s, 5s, FFs and PLs). Any idea what year that PL was from? That wrapper looked very rich, not like some of the recent crap warppers I have seen more than I care to admit.

Very nice, glad you got a "good" one. One of my top three of four Opus sizes (4s, 5s, FFs and PLs). Any idea what year that PL was from? That wrapper looked very rich, not like some of the recent crap warppers I have seen more than I care to admit.

Unfortunately, I have no idea the year. Let me see if the fella I got them from knows. And btw, Happy Birthday!

Right on David, same here.

That wrapper looks delish!

Nice review Greg. This cigar is, imho, a true lancero. It showcases a wonderful wrapper, and is just delicious.

With the rash of Lanceros currently on the market, leave it to Fuente to do it absolutely right.

that is the only opus that is worth a dam imho. the others are way to inconsistent to bother with

My favorite as well Greg. I think it's the perfect length, and the RG is also perfect allowing the rosado wrapper flavor to shine through with just the most awesome balance.