• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Illusion

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Foggy and wet out this morning with the temp at 48.6F, feels even cooler with the dampness in the air. I’m putting fire to one of the cigars I received in the contest run by Brian’s (Infinity) family last February, so a very special cigar. It’s been one year to the day since we lost one of our finest, and this is in his honor. There’s no doubt this cigar has a good deal of age on it, not sure how much, but it still has Cabinet listed on the band. It has a dark brown wrapper that is somewhat blotchy, smooth with slight oil, and a couple of prominent veins. It has a good weight in the hand, firm when squeezed, and with the cap punched I find a perfect draw with taste of straightforward tobacco.

The cigar lights easily and plumes of smoke is produced in the first few puffs, mild at first, however after a couple draws in it immediately changes to a medium strength with a perfect amount of white pepper spice on the back of the tongue and throat. Flavors are rich with tastes of cinnamon, cocoa, roasted nuts and worn leather, simply delicious. An incredibly lasting finish is left on the palate.

A third in and the burn wants to lean to one side for a bit, however corrects itself well with a light gray ash forming that is somewhat flaky, pieces falling here and there. Delicious, medium strength smoke is flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw with an excellent twang coming through in the finish that is oh so lasting.

Halfway through and into the final third, the cigar performed perfectly with good burn, perfect draw, rich flavors and lasting, delicious finish. I can begin to say how much smoking this cigar meant as it came from Brian’s humidor. An incredible smoke in many ways that will be remembered always.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Smoke your best!

11-26-09VSGIllusion001.jpg

11-26-09VSGIllusion002.jpg

11-26-09VSGIllusion003.jpg

Dang, Greg, that's an old one!

Marvelous smoke! Was my first VSG, and that particular smoke was one of those that you never forget.

One of the very best.

A great smoke and a good man!

IIRC the band changed in 2005.

WOW!! Thats a big smoke to start the day with my friend, but lots of good karma there Greg.
Glad you enjoyed it.

(48F...thats warm enough for shorts up here..ahahahha)

Art

I love the Illusions, I have a few packed up in the travel humi to take to the relatives to smoke tonight.

Thanks for the review

"Flavors are rich with tastes of cinnamon, cocoa, roasted nuts" that is why this cigar is on my wish list!