• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Authenticity confirmation needed (Cohiba, Partagas, Montecristo)

dannykcha

I recently (edit: As in several months ago before knowing what I do know. Still not an expert on CC's though) purchased some CC's but have always questioned their authenticity a little bit.

Cigars in question are:

Cohiba 1966 EL
Cohiba Robusto
Cohiba Siglo VI
Partagas Lusitania
Montecristo #2

There's a ton of pics, so I was wondering if there was an CC expert here on CP that I could email the pics directly to, rather than uploading 20+ pics and posting them here. (to save time and energy).

Let me know! Thanks!!

Did you just start buying these? Sounds like you are making purchases before being fully informed. In other words stick around for a while and become familiar with everyone and you won't have to doubt your purchases.

I recently purchased some CC's but question their authenticity a little bit.

Cigars in question are:

Cohiba 1966 EL
Cohiba Robusto
Cohiba Siglo VI
Partagas Lusitania
Montecristo #2

There's a ton of pics, so I was wondering if there was an CC expert here on CP that I could email the pics directly to, rather than uploading 20+ pics and posting them here. (to save time and energy).

Let me know! Thanks!!

By asking someone to authenticate your cigars, you are dancing on the slippery slope of source verification. Not a recommended path to take...

When short timers start multiple threads seeking sources information for HTFs (NCs or CCs), the best advice is always to read more, post less. ;)

PM (grateful1), he is the resident expert on cigars

These were purchased locally at a B&M last year before I knew much about cigars. (so no worries regarding online sources) I've had them in my humi since last year and always wanted to know for certain. I'm almost 100% that the CoRo and Monte #2 are the real deal, but the others are the ones that concern me. The thing that throws me off is that I recently (as in last month) smoked 1 of the 2 Lusitanias that I bought at that time and it was freaking GOOD. The problem is that the label seems a little off. As for the Cohibas, I've seen my share of fake bands, but these are the closest to the real-deal that I've seen (spacing between dots and top/bottom of paper and gold lines, raised lettering, etc.) I've always trusted this B&M and MOST of his CCs since I've tried a lot of them. But just recently, he had a box of CoRo's that had 2 rows of dots above the lettering, and a box a Siglo VI's where the dots got cut off on one end (not in my case).

Anyways, I'll try contacting Matt R.

Thanks guys for your help!

If you bought them in the US chances are they are real just not ISOM. You need to do some more reading........

1st 1966 from one box, the second two from another box(same) a month or so later. Boxes had he correct stamping from what I could tell, but I didn't know as much then as I do now. Foot of the Siglo used to be more straight, but split (from over-humi) and became a little "flared" looking.

Edges are a little frayed on some from putting them in cello... I know... don't ask.. just personal preference back then.

Feet of 1966 (seem almost a little pressed)

Robusto and Siglo VI

Robusto

Siglo VI

Feet of CoRo and Siglo

Lusitania

Monte #2
(seems partly pressed throughout bottom-half

I'm pretty sure that I got duped, but I also know that some of the CC's he has available at times are 100% confirmed authentic. That's the issue here. =(

Those cigars look a little to wet. You might want to keep your CC's in a separate humi at around 62%.

...before I knew much about cigars.

You've made a few statements like this. What point are you trying to make?

Best advice has been given but it doesn't seem like you are heeding it. Do some reading about ISOMs, etc. Read read read! It'll help you out a lot around here. :thumbs:

If you bought them in the US chances are they are real just not ISOM. You need to do some more reading........

For US purchased CC's....contact bobbyritz or mark twain...wealth of imformation!

:thumbs:
Do you have their #'s. I have so many questions a PM just wont cover it...

No. Send them detailed info in a PM and the feedback witll be worth it!

:thumbs:

-----------------------------

Ok, enough of that.

The cigar are very questionable.
What the LE bands say and where were they purchased. Feel free to PM me the later.

What sizes are they - exactly. Compare them to some known non-cubans.

Lets start with a simple question. Did you pay in the neighborhood of $50 for the 1966s?