• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Authenticity confirmation needed (Cohiba, Partagas, Montecristo)

Point taken from everyone. Thanks guys.

By the way, I'm not sure if the comment about selling non-CC's was about me (which I'm assuming it was) but I've only dealt with things I knew were 100000% legit, came from legitimate sources, and tried to help people out in various cases. Also, if everyone was happy with what they got and how they got it, which they were, then I'm happy and don't see too much wrong with it.

All I know is that there is still a lot to learn, but that doesn't mean that I don't know a good amount already. But like I said, I know I definitely need more time to learn before becoming comfortable, or even trusted, enough to do deals with CCs and some HTF items that I haven't had first-hand experience with.

By the way, I haven't heard back from the Fuente VP since last week, but I emailed him yesterday again so we'll see. I'll keep the other thread updated as soon as I do hear back.

You're way too far from offering to sell cigars that you enjoy but do not really know about them and their provenance. Actions not words will lead you to a more positive experience here or any other boards. Seriously, read and also comprehend the wealth of information that is available to you here and cut back on offering/opinining what you have...you're not even close to being there.

If you want a quick way up to being a FOG...you can seek out the ORACLE! (Now, if you know who I'm talking about by the time I land at 4pm, I'll send you a CoRo with at least a few years on it)

For the record, you were trying to get rid most of your selection at CF (the very cigars that you seeked info here and I believe that there's even a post here at CP that said that once you're eligible, you would trade or sell these sticks)

Was the answer Moki?

Anyways, like I admitted many times regarding the CF thread, I realized I made a BIG newbie mistake and decided against selling ANYTHING before knowing exactly what the rules were, what I was selling, and etc. I really didn't mean to start off on the wrong foot, but I guess it's too late for that. Just have to make sure to do the right thing/s from here on out and hopefully build some great relationships.

Thanks

Based on the above posts, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case!

Like i said before, Caveat Emptor!

No, the Oracle is not Moki. The Oracle I speak about is self-acclaimed! Thanks for playing. :sign:

Point taken from everyone. Thanks guys.

By the way, I'm not sure if the comment about selling non-CC's was about me (which I'm assuming it was) but I've only dealt with things I knew were 100000% legit, came from legitimate sources, and tried to help people out in various cases. Also, if everyone was happy with what they got and how they got it, which they were, then I'm happy and don't see too much wrong with it.

All I know is that there is still a lot to learn, but that doesn't mean that I don't know a good amount already. But like I said, I know I definitely need more time to learn before becoming comfortable, or even trusted, enough to do deals with CCs and some HTF items that I haven't had first-hand experience with.

By the way, I haven't heard back from the Fuente VP since last week, but I emailed him yesterday again so we'll see. I'll keep the other thread updated as soon as I do hear back.

That's about the worst thing you could ever post here in your own defense. The average cigar smoker knows squat about squat. They buy glass top Cohiba Esplindido boxes on the beach in Mexico for $120 and are happier than a pig in shit about it. They taste wonderful to the guy after 12 Coronas with a wedge of lime. He is happy with "what he got". Do some research on the Vitasea guy, he had an email list of people who were happy with what they got. I'm with Joe on this, and many other things.

Again, I ask why do you feel the need to sell your cigars? You started you want to share your experience with certain cigars, but if I want these cigars you speak of I can purchase them from a reputable dealer. This would solve the sharing experiences part. Again, I am leery of buying HTF our CC from someone I don't know, not to mention the fact that you are unsure of their authenticity.

I participate here and continue to take away a plethora of knowledge and have not felt the need to sell any cigars. I suggest you do the same.

You started in another thread that you can't wait to participate in a pass here, but I doubt any of the members running a pass would want you involved until you understand more and build some credit here.

Good luck, I hope you are sincere and all turns out well for you.

Sigh... It's so hard to explain on here and get what I'm really trying to say across.

I made a mistake, saying that I wanted to sell my collection, posting most of everything I had worth selling on CF, even the CC's to lure interest, not knowing that they were more common than NC's., (long story, but I needed to money for medical bills) Then once I started seeing the reaction and responses, I thought "maybe I shouldn't have done that, this community works lot differently than collecting/selling other thing I have a hobby in, and didn't sell". Luckily, the whole ordeal with my medical bills were covered, hence the reason why my financials allow me to continue to purchase.

I left CF immediately, and then came here because it seemed to genuinely be about helping people out. I wasn't trying to sell anything, but just read/post/learn/etc.

When I saw the passes going on, I thought it was a genius/fun idea and "couldn't wait to join" so I could have friendly passes/trades/PIF. And by that, I didn't mean "YES. I get to pawn off my fake cigars and others I have no idea about!!"....

Something told me that my CC's, which are not my specialty, were a little fishy even after all of the the research I did, so I asked for help authenticating them.

As far as selling, I've done 4 total transactions on ANY site. A guy was looking for 3-Padron 80ths for him and his buddies. I had four, and even though they're one of my favorites & paid more for them than what he was asking, I helped him out. The only other 3 items I sold were 5-packs of Tatuaje TAA, which is probably my favorite cigar. I happen to smoke the last one (first in a couple of months) from my very first box and thought, "man, these ARE really great. I wonder if others would to either want to try these or stock up too". I had 2 more boxes left, so I sold those. I also like the Cojonu '03s a lot, so I thought I'd offer a decent deal on those, but didn't sell any of those. I thought I was doing positive by helping/sharing (on another site nonetheless) but it seems to have backfired on me.

All in all, I made a newbie mistake and I've been a man enough to admit it tons of times. I would NEVER send/trade/pass/etc something to someone I wasn't sure about. Why would I make a post, asking for help on authenticating cigars that I thought might be fake, with the intention of including it in a pass/sale/trade?

I don't know what else to say.... Do I still have a lot to learn? Of course. Most do. Yes, I've sold a few and helped a few. Yes, CCs are still relatively new to me and I have a lot to learn. Do I know a lot about NC's like any Fuente and etc, yes, I do. Would I ever intentionally try to rip someone off, sell something fake or something I'm not 10000% about? NO, never have, never will.

I've never done anyone any wrong and don't plan on it. I plan on taking everyone's advice on just sitting back and learning more, but I really wish all this would just stop. I'm not a bad/dishonest person, I never tried to rip anyone off, I'm just trying to learn and be a part of the community. And that's it. I like it here, so I'll continue to contribute when I can, and ask questions when needed as well, but as far as this topic goes, I feel like its been beaten to death and I'm being treated like a crook, when I actually haven't even done anything wrong to anyone to begin with.

Again, I'm still learning, but I would never pass/trade/sell/etc anything i wasnt 1000% sure about. Theres a 4-month waiting period for a reason (to learn the rules/ways of the forum, earn trust, and etc) and I get everyone's point and will take the suggestions of most and move on. I really don't know what else to say. Hopefully, i can prove to everyone that I AM an honest guy with good intentions. And I'm sure that it's going to take some time, but it'll be proven. Thanks everyone.

Read more, post less.

A simple concept ( that helps you realize you do not know nearly as much as you think you know ), which requires you to stop posting ( so you can avoid making an ass of yourself due to your inexperience). ;)

Like the Maduro Opus and the cigars you asked for authenticity confirmation on here?

From one noob to another, a few tips I've picked up.

1. Post less, read more, and search search search.
2. Lay low unless you have something beneficial to contribute.
3. If you don't know something, don't post about it, and see no. 1. If you don't get anywhere in search, hopefully you'll find a member who knows about your topic to privately message so you don't make a public spectacle.
4. Don't take risks when buying/selling your stuff. Your reputation depends on it.
5. Know when to keep you mouth shut, (see no. 1. and no. 2)

Hope you can re-establish yourself as a positive contributing member.

From one noob to another, a few tips I've picked up.

1. Post less, read more, and search search search.
2. Lay low unless you have something beneficial to contribute.
3. If you don't know something, don't post about it, and see no. 1. If you don't get anywhere in search, hopefully you'll find a member who knows about your topic to privately message so you don't make a public spectacle.
4. Don't take risks when buying/selling your stuff. Your reputation depends on it.
5. Know when to keep you mouth shut, (see no. 1. and no. 2)

Hope you can re-establish yourself as a positive contributing member.

At the risk of violating no's. 1, 2, 3, and 5, I'd like to add that point number 3 is what you, Danny, have been getting hammered on. Whether or not you have or have not sold questionable goods with or without the intention of passing along bad products, the fact that you appear to have been so lax with buying your vast collection of HTF's and CC's (I'm gathering this from this thread and the thread you're asking for confirmation on a HTF Opus) is what the issue is. It certainly appears that you have no idea of the provenance of at least a few sticks in your collection. It also appears from your activity (note I didn't say posts) on another board that you were trying to sell some/most/all of your collection. With no reputation here at CP that means everyone here must assume that your entire collection is of the same provenance as the bad sticks it appears you've bought. You've got to understand how that looks.

You continue to post here and insist that you have meant no harm. That is fine, but the fact is that no matter how much you post here it WILL NOT, by itself, earn you a good reputation here. You have to be an active, trustworthy member of this community to earn a good reputation here. If you don't understand how to do that without posting so much, then maybe you should take the advice several here have already given. Read more, post less. It may not be seem fair but if the shoe was on the other foot you'd understand it better. In fact I'm sure that if you stick around here long enough you will understand it. But I've got a feeling that you'll only be able to stick around long if you read more and post less.

Did someone say they had glass top Cohiba's? :love:

Did someone say they had glass top Cohiba's? :love:

Too late. I bought them all.

By the way, do I still qualify as an active member? I'd love to join a pass again!

Sigh... It's so hard to explain on here and get what I'm really trying to say across.

I made a mistake, saying that I wanted to sell my collection, posting most of everything I had worth selling on CF, even the CC's to lure interest, not knowing that they were more common than NC's., (long story, but I needed to money for medical bills) Then once I started seeing the reaction and responses, I thought "maybe I shouldn't have done that, this community works lot differently than collecting/selling other thing I have a hobby in, and didn't sell". Luckily, the whole ordeal with my medical bills were covered, hence the reason why my financials allow me to continue to purchase.

I left CF immediately, and then came here because it seemed to genuinely be about helping people out. I wasn't trying to sell anything, but just read/post/learn/etc.

When I saw the passes going on, I thought it was a genius/fun idea and "couldn't wait to join" so I could have friendly passes/trades/PIF. And by that, I didn't mean "YES. I get to pawn off my fake cigars and others I have no idea about!!"....

Something told me that my CC's, which are not my specialty, were a little fishy even after all of the the research I did, so I asked for help authenticating them.

As far as selling, I've done 4 total transactions on ANY site. A guy was looking for 3-Padron 80ths for him and his buddies. I had four, and even though they're one of my favorites & paid more for them than what he was asking, I helped him out. The only other 3 items I sold were 5-packs of Tatuaje TAA, which is probably my favorite cigar. I happen to smoke the last one (first in a couple of months) from my very first box and thought, "man, these ARE really great. I wonder if others would to either want to try these or stock up too". I had 2 more boxes left, so I sold those. I also like the Cojonu '03s a lot, so I thought I'd offer a decent deal on those, but didn't sell any of those. I thought I was doing positive by helping/sharing (on another site nonetheless) but it seems to have backfired on me.

All in all, I made a newbie mistake and I've been a man enough to admit it tons of times. I would NEVER send/trade/pass/etc something to someone I wasn't sure about. Why would I make a post, asking for help on authenticating cigars that I thought might be fake, with the intention of including it in a pass/sale/trade?

I don't know what else to say.... Do I still have a lot to learn? Of course. Most do. Yes, I've sold a few and helped a few. Yes, CCs are still relatively new to me and I have a lot to learn. Do I know a lot about NC's like any Fuente and etc, yes, I do. Would I ever intentionally try to rip someone off, sell something fake or something I'm not 10000% about? NO, never have, never will.

I've never done anyone any wrong and don't plan on it. I plan on taking everyone's advice on just sitting back and learning more, but I really wish all this would just stop. I'm not a bad/dishonest person, I never tried to rip anyone off, I'm just trying to learn and be a part of the community. And that's it. I like it here, so I'll continue to contribute when I can, and ask questions when needed as well, but as far as this topic goes, I feel like its been beaten to death and I'm being treated like a crook, when I actually haven't even done anything wrong to anyone to begin with.

Again, I'm still learning, but I would never pass/trade/sell/etc anything i wasnt 1000% sure about. Theres a 4-month waiting period for a reason (to learn the rules/ways of the forum, earn trust, and etc) and I get everyone's point and will take the suggestions of most and move on. I really don't know what else to say. Hopefully, i can prove to everyone that I AM an honest guy with good intentions. And I'm sure that it's going to take some time, but it'll be proven. Thanks everyone.

The above statement put through the BS translator:

.....I say I AM an honest guy with good intentions, so therefore it is...

...I was chased off another cigar board because I was trying to sell cigars on a Friday and they were all cranky and stuff....

....people are mean to me, even though I really try to be nice....

...I'll learn from my mistakes! - but I still feel compelled to argue that I'm really not making any mistakes even though I did make mistakes.

....I don't know squat about CC's or NC's, other than what I've read and been told....

...I want everyone to believe I am an expert because I do read a lot and pay attention to whatever anyone tells me, but I will admit I'm fairly new at this...

....the cigars I buy must be legitimate because I bought them from a local cigar shop. After all, why would they sell me fake cigars? And the bands look pretty good on most every cigar I bought from them. And they do taste pretty doggone good - not like those cheap cigars that you buy at gas stations.

...I swear these cigars taste just like other cigars I've smoked that I bought that had authentic seals and everything! I mean, I truly don't know what an authentic seal really looks like, but these seals looks pretty doggone authentic!!!

BTW - I get where danny is coming from. I once had an offer to buy Koobin cigars while from a sales person while I was shopping in one of the Forum Shops at Caesar's palace in Las Vegas. The guy selling them was dressed incredibly well, in a very high end retail shop - and he swore to me he had only the BEST sources. He was even willing to back up the sale with a full money back guarantee if I ever was able to prove to him they were not legitimate.

:whistling:

Should I have taken him up on his offer? :rolleyes:

First Lumberg reappears :rolleyes: , than KY-Boy comes back :thumbs: , and now Ggiese decides to grace us with his wisdom :cool: . Did someone cyberfart and wake the dead from 2003-2004?

Kirk,
Didn't you get the memo, he'll froze over! :sign:

Who're next ,Neal and Bill??? :D

Joe

PS I hope my grammar and punctuations are correct!

Kirk,
Didn't you get the memo, he'll froze over! :sign:

Who're next ,Neal and Bill??? :D

Joe

PS I hope my grammar and punctuations are correct!

Joe - you sure left a pretty large landing strip for "whore" Neal and "whore" Bill... :laugh: