• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ave Maria Divinia

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
Cigar:
Ave Maria Divinia Box Press Toro

Price:
Bought at CI prerelease $3.99; current price $12.33

Strength:

Medium-Full

Smoke Time:
1 hour 50 minutes

Tobacco:
Wrapper:
Habano Sun Grown
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Construction:
Nice scent of tobacco and cedar. Cigar is nice and square, firm to the touch with a little give.

Prelight:
Draw is good with only the slightest hint of tobacco flavor.

Light:
Foot toasts easily and evenly with a nice toasted cedar scent. First few puffs are low medium strength with just hints of cedar, tobacco, toast and pepper.

1/3:
Cigar does start off low strength but starts to build into the first third. Pepper also becomes a little more prominent with some sweetness coming out. At the end of the third, all of the flavors are starting to smooth and meld. Burn is slightly wavy, ash is nice and tight before I knock it off after 1-1/2".
2/3:
A continuation of the first third with some blasts of pepper every so often. Flavors are really starting to work together in unison, almost to the point I can't pick them out individually. Could also be the Wild Turkey I just poured having an affect. Either way I do like it. Burn did get a little screwy requiring a few small touch ups.
3/3:
Flavors start to wane here while the strength builds up. It does some harshness on the last inch. Not terribly so, but I could do without.
Conclusion:
Not as strong as the Reconquista and more complex then the core line IMO. At the $4 price tag I would definitely get this again, $12 not so much. I have heard cigars from AJ do well in aging so will be putting my last three on ice for a while and see how they do.

Last edited:
Good review and very much agreed...

Not sure why'd they'd ever try to sell them at the $12 mark...

It's  asolid smoke though for the entry level price..

Thanks for that, I have smoked only 1 Ave and it was pretty good.

I actually enjoy the entire line up. They all hold a small space in my humidor.

Wow, two and a half years since I got these. I pulled out the last of the OR fiver I bought to check it out. At the half way mark as of this writing and I am enjoying it. The strength is about a medium, the flavors are subdued with just a nice clean tobacco taste. A nice cigar any time of day.

I've been sitting on an Argentum Perfecto I got in a sampler from CI a little over a year ago... I may have to bring it out and smoke it later this week.

I've been sitting on an Argentum Perfecto I got in a sampler from CI a little over a year ago... I may have to bring it out and smoke it later this week.
Never tried that one. Let us know how it is.

I was wondering if you were still smoking Ave Marias on any regular basis. I recall when you first did this review!