• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVO Signature Super Belicoso

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
AVO Signature Belicoso
6 x 48

A very Happy Easter everyone!  It’s supposed to get up to the mid sixties today with sunshine, which I’m hoping it does as we could sure use it.  However, it’s still cool out, especially with the wind really blowing still.  Casey and I settle down in the living room; she’s doing homework, and I’m trying to do some catch up for work on my laptop.  I decided to go grab a smoke, and picked up the AVO Signature belicoso I recently received in the MAWPIF (Thanks Gary!). 

The AVO Signature belicoso, produced by Davidoff, has a silky smooth medium to light brown natural Sun grown Ecuadorian wrapper that smells of barnyard, Casey actually said it stinks smelling like manure.  I said “good!”  It has a good weight in the hand, and squeezing the Dominican filler I find it to have no soft spots, firm throughout.  I unfortunately have no cutter at the moment, so try using the scissors on my Swiss Army that doesn’t go too well, but does the job nonetheless.  The draw has a little resistance to it, but more than enough air coming through to smoke well I think.  With the foot toasted, an even burn going, I take a couple puffs and then a slow, long draw. 

It would have been hard to believe any smoke had even come out of the first draw if I had not seen it coming from my mouth and nose.  It was just that mild starting off with no spice in the nose at all.  I didn’t get much by way of flavor except for a slight hint of cedar wood, and the finish was pretty much the same. 

The burn is nice and even with a light gray ash forming that is slightly flaky, but holds well.  There’s an abundance of smoke being produced through the perfect draw, and has turned to a medium strength; however the body continues to be quite mild.  I’m having a hard time pinpointing the flavors of this cigar, which I find interesting.  There seems to be a kind of musty cedar wood with a hint of floral coming through; the finish is short and clean on the palate. 

Heading into the halfway mark, this cigar really starts to shine with the strength and body now both a good medium to a very close full, and a perfect amount of white pepper spice in the nose.  The burn continues to be sharp with the ash a uniform light gray, still holding strong; however I’m thinking it will fall at any time now (ah rats, it just fell).  The flavors are consistent as before, and I’m really enjoying the mustiness coming through in the smoke.  Just really good tobacco I must say with the finish continuing to be short and clean on the palate. 

Finishing up this smoke and boy has it turned into an ass kicker towards the end with the strength full; however the body I would say is still a low medium.  This cigar really surprised me as it started off very mild, but increased in strength fitting my palate just right.  I thoroughly enjoyed the perfect draw, sharp burn, and just really good tobacco with the musty, woody smoke.  Right at the end I did get a rather strong, charred wood taste in the finish.  Many thanks again Gary for this great smoke!

These are one of the best NC's to age IMHO. If you can put some down for 6+ years they turn into something wonderful! One of my favorite NC's aged hands down.

Backslide said:
These are one of the best NC's to age IMHO. If you can put some down for 6+ years they turn into something wonderful! One of my favorite NC's aged hands down.

One of the most underrated smokes around. The Signature line has always been enjoyable!
This is one of the smokes I look for when I go into a shop to smoke my own cigars.  
I never like to just go in and not get something. The price is reasonable enough at most places.

Great review.

Very nice review Greg, I've always heard great things about these sticks!

After reading this this morning, I smoked an eight year old. '06 was a very good year.