• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bar codes on CC boxes

I understand that English is not your native language. I'll leave the bead-licking comments for the other thread. However, since English is not your strong point, and it is readily apparent that your posts are very difficult to interpret here, please compose your thoughts into shorter sentences. I just stop reading once I lose the direction of the thought you are trying to express. K.I.S.S.

And even think I was thinking I did my best on this last one.....I was surprised how good it was.

I will try my best for you but it would be nice if you could address at least any part of my point on the topic.

HA, coming across as arrogant problably wont get you too many answers but here is how it was explained to me:

The Bar code and number set that works on the Habanos tracing system is on the base of the new Cuban seal, which has the hologram at the top, is rarely left on boxes for cigars exported from the country of origin. This number is to trace where a box comes from and where it has traveled to. This is a tool for distributors and Importers and for Habanos to try and stop parallel markets shipping cigars to places where they are not intended to go to. Each region has a quota of cigars. The reason that most merchants who export remove these code bars and number sets when shipping abroad, especially to countries where there are legal issues, is to protect the local importer. For example, the cigars distributed via the UK importer are for distribution in the UK only. Therefore a cigar merchant who is in the UK, supplied by the official Habanos importer in the UK is only suppose to sell his cigars in the UK. This goes for all regions of the world.

How does the bar code traces where the box comes from and where has traveled to?

I thought it was only a tool for the customer.

Please let me know how ,that is exactly what I am after to learn.

How does the bar code traces where the box comes from and where has traveled to?

HA - you've been told by a couple folks about the bar code...including me.

As for the tracing...it's how you trace anyting...the manufacturer keeps a record of the lot number (only now it's being done via bar code).

Does that not make seens?

HA - you've been told by a couple folks about the bar code...including me.

As for the tracing...it's how you trace anyting...the manufacturer keeps a record of the lot number (only now it's being done via bar code).

Does that not make seens?

No it does not.

How is it done by bar code?

From the Habanos SA verification page.

"On the other hand, a unique bar code will be applied on every single box thus customizing every packaging. This information will be saved in a data base allowing the identification of this product everywhere, whom this product was addressed to as well as the Invoice number, amongst other details."