• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Belicoso Finos 2001

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
A Bolivar Belicoso Finos from 2001. Now that’s what I’m talking about. I received this smoke from Larry (Golfgar) in the MAWPIF, so a huge thanks for such awesome generosity. The wrapper was a pale brown and quite coarse with no noticeable oils. There was some damage to the tip; however I didn’t feel it would hinder smoking any. I clipped the head as carefully as I could and found the draw to be a little on the tight side, however air flowed well enough. I couldn’t wait to put fire to the foot, so torch it I did.

The cigar lit well and although the draw was a bit tight, smoke flowed and was absolutely fantastic. Tastes of honey, caramel, rich coffee with cream, and dark, ripe berry came through. If I had to pinpoint the berry, I would say a sweet Strawberry.

There was only a slight bit of pepper spice on the back of the throat and the smoke was a good medium strength. The burn was erratic with the ash flaky, however nothing too serious. The wrapper ash was light gray with the binder ash almost black in color. I was having a hard time with the draw, so decided to clip just a little more off. This opened up the draw and smoke flowed perfectly.

Pepper spice kicked up a notch at the halfway point, and flavors of honey and caramel with the dark berry taste continued. The finish was quite short with an incredibly delicious immediate aftertaste that kept me wanting more. I found hints of leather and cedar wood coming through as well. I was afraid the wrapper/binder was going to blow up on me, however it held fairly. This was my first BBF that had this much age on it and have to say….ROB!! Where are these still available?!? :laugh:

Fantastic smoke!

12-24-08BBF2001001.jpg

12-24-08BBF2001002.jpg

12-24-08BBF2001003.jpg

12-24-08BBF2001004-1.jpg

12-24-08BBF2001004.jpg

I have a box of these and I would have to say that the tight draw is the most memorable thing about them. A good half of them were plugged. Others I've had also had a very tight draw. Other Bolivars have been the same way to me.

LOL...I'm glad you enjoyed the BBF, Greg. Those from an SLB are even arguably better. :)

Best,

Rob

The BBFs that I've smoked are all from 04-06, but they had a bit of a tight draw as well.
The one Boli that had a very good draw from start to finish in my experience has been the Gold Medal.

The oldest BBF's I have had are from '98. They are too, a fantastic smoke. Very light bodied, yet rich, and smooth with tons of mature tobacco flavor. Thanks for the review.