• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Between The Lines Petit Corona

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I’ve really been looking forward to putting fire to this BBTL since I received it from Mike, and today seems like a perfect day. Mike used both non-Cuban and Cuban wrapper to make the barber pole effect and did a great job with it. The cigar itself is very firm and testing the draw I find it to be very tight. Hopefully it’ll be fine once lit and warmed up.

With fire to the foot, I try taking a draw and the cigar seems almost plugged. I’m barely able to get any smoke through at all. What smoke I do get through seems to be very good, however just not enough to really know for sure. I grab one of my draw tools, run it through one good time, and oh yeah! Smoke is a flowin’!

My first really good draw has a perfect, white pepper spice on the back of the throat. I can taste the Bolivar coming through, however there’s definitely a different taste coming through as well. Kind of an herbal spice with hints of cinnamon.

Unfortunately, I only get maybe a couple of good draws through and the cigar is all but completely plugged up again. I continue puffing and trying to get smoke out, hoping the burn will get past whatever it is and the cigar will open up. I try using the draw tool a couple more times, however it’s just not working at all. The cigar is burning somewhat hot from my trying too hard to get smoke through.

What smoke I do get through is really, and I mean really good. Vanilla bean is the most predominant taste, and I think chocolate is trailing close behind. I detect toasted nuts as well. The burn is sharp with a strong ash forming, the wrapper ash a light gray with the binder/filler dark. There’s an incredibly delicious and very rich finish after exhaling.

Around the halfway mark, the draw finally started to open up a little more revealing a good, medium bodied smoke with the white pepper spice still coming through. I continue to get both vanilla and chocolate flavor coming through that is unbelievably good, both coming together and complimenting each other perfectly. The finish is utterly fantastic on the palate, extremely long and lasting.

Towards the end, the cigar really mellowed out and the smoke became smooth and creamy with very little spice. The flavors continued to be very rich with typical Bolivar taste as well as that extra flavor that made it simply fantastic with an incredibly delicious finish. What an excellent treat to have been able to smoke such an outstanding cigar. Thank you very much Mike for an awesome experience!

06-11-09BoliBTL001.jpg

06-11-09BoliBTL002.jpg

That thing sounds like an awesome smoke. How do I get in line for one? Mike? :whistling:

That's a really nice looking cigar. Considering the flavors you meanted I'd like to try something like that with the Captain Morgan's Private Stock. It has a lot of the same flavors. Now that I think of it would that compliment or over power? Hmmm

Glad you enjoyed it Greg. Nice to see you saved a potential plugged smoke. I've noticed a few other boli's from that same box that had the same draw issues that you had. Would start off with alot of work to get some smoke and then towards the middle it would open up and develop nicely. Appreciate you sharing the experience. Hmmm... wonder who my next guinea pig will be. :D

Glad you enjoyed it Greg. Nice to see you saved a potential plugged smoke. I've noticed a few other boli's from that same box that had the same draw issues that you had. Would start off with alot of work to get some smoke and then towards the middle it would open up and develop nicely. Appreciate you sharing the experience. Hmmm... wonder who my next guinea pig will be. :D

Beautiful job on that cigar!! Very very impressive.

Nice work on that candy cane Mike, and another great review Greg, thanks for sharing.

Mike used both non-Cuban and Cuban wrapper to make the barber pole effect and did a great job with it.

Am I correct in assuming the Cuban wrapper is the original Boli wrapper? And what was the other wrapper?

That's a cool cigar, a good idea to change things up a little. Nice review as always.