• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Colosales RE

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Ah tis a dreary day with a cloudy gray sky and sprinkles of rain on and off. Not a breeze to be found. After putting the baby girl down for her nap, I went digging and came up with a Bolivar Colosales RE from 2006.

The wrapper was light brown with not too much noticeable oil, and very coarse with a patchwork of veins up and down. Nice looking bunching in the foot and the typical triple cap on top. Using the largest ring on my Swiss Army, I punched the head and got an absolutely perfect draw.

I torched the foot letting it become a nice red ember and blew on it to get an even burn. First few draws were fantastic with taste of a strong fresh brewed coffee with sugar and a very rich cream. Ah heaven. I found it to be a perfect medium strength with a long delicious finish. Did I taste fresh brewed coffee with cream and sugar or a rich dark chocolate cocoa? Salt mixed with sweetness on the lips. Hints of what seemed to be citrus came through at the halfway point, maybe a very slight hint of cinnamon spice. I found the smoke to have a perfect balance of flavors. Bluish smoke flowed from the ash with a wonderful smell. Whitish gray solid ash formed with no burn issues at all. The cigar ashed itself about ¼ of the way in and continued to burn smoothly.

I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar, had to be one of the best Bolivar’s I’ve had to date. This is without a doubt my favorite marca of cigar. Just something about the sweet, yet dark rich flavor in a Bolivar I find to suit my taste perfectly.

07-26-08BolivarColosalesRE001.jpg

07-26-08BolivarColosalesRE002.jpg

07-26-08BolivarColosalesRE003.jpg

07-26-08BolivarColosalesRE004.jpg

07-26-08BolivarColosalesRE005.jpg

Another fantastic review...great job! Looks like I'm not the only Bolivar whore here at CP!
That cigar is officially on my shortlist!

Very nice work indeed.

What's with the cat, attempting to confuse me? :laugh:

Brian.

Very nice work indeed.

What's with the cat, attempting to confuse me? :laugh:

Brian.

Lol...he jumped up in the swing as I was getting ready to take a pic, stuck his nose up at the camera....click. :D Then he got all comfy beside me, so I just had to take another.