• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Lonsdale '98

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
While the wife is floating around in the pool catching some rays, I go up front with the baby girl Jess to let her play in the sand box while I fire up a ’98 Bolivar Lonsdale. The wrapper is light brown, smooth with small veins, and only a slight bit of oiliness noticeable. It’s very firm, has a box pressed shape, and with the cap punched I find the draw has only a slight over resistance with a matured tobacco taste.

With fire to the foot, I take couple of quick puffs and then a long draw getting a nice spice on the back of the throat. There’s a nice sweetness to it with rich coffee and vanilla bean flavor coming through. The smoke itself is a good medium in body with an excellent finish left on the palate after exhaling.

The burn is sharp with a compact, dark gray ash forming that has noticeable tooth throughout. It falls on its own at only about a quarter inch. I find the draw working well with the strength of the smoke, and it actually opens up perfectly once the cigar has warmed up, allowing plenty of the smooth and richly flavored smoke through.

Going into the final third, the body picked up to full with a really rich coffee bean taste with wood and worn leather notes. The finish left on the palate was simply incredible, lasting long after exhaling. Even though this was a long smoke, I hated to see the thing end and was actually tempted to go light another! Oh how I do love a good Boli!

07-04-09BoliLonnie001.jpg

07-04-09BoliLonnie002.jpg

07-04-09BoliLonnie003.jpg

DSC07926.jpg

Wow, an 11 year old cigar that still looks oily! That was a great review Greg. I hope one day I can reach for something with that many years on it.

You know, Greg, with all your hootin and hollerin about Bolivars, you are making me want to order some. You are a bad influence, sir! :D Great review!

There is somthing about Bolivars that is truly interesting. While it is not listed as one of the toip selling marcas by HSA, you can't help but see an amazing number of positive reviews of this brand. There must be something to it, but why are so many people missing it?

As always great review and nice pictures. I always enjoy reading through one of your reviews and glancing at the pictures you post. Especially of a fresh lit cigar, as they always look like as near of a perfect light as you can get.

I bet that was a superb smoke. For those that aren't regular smokers of Bolivars, if you get a fresh one, it will likely be very "earthy", as they age, they are delicious powerhouses. That is probably why you don't see them more often or hear about them, they truly get better with age, young, they have a very unique aroma and flavor profile.

Beautiful smoke! Glad you enjoyed it, I am jealous.

How long did it smoke for?