• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Simones RE 07 (Canada)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I received this beauty as a gift a couple of weeks ago (thank you ccsmoker) and decided I would relax after work this evening and try it out. This was a nice robusto size 5 x 48 with noticeable oils on the slightly coarse colorado wrapper. I found the cigar very firm, especially around the cap area, which gave me concern to possible draw issues. Looking at the foot I could see the filler to be very tight. I punched the multiple cap head with the largest ring on my SA knife, and the draw was a bit overly tight. However, I was able to get some draw out of it and hoped once it warmed up it would open a little more.

I toasted the foot and lit the cigar and immediately got the delicious taste of sweet, dark earth and old leather. Although the draw was quite tight, smoke still flowed through quite well. What a smooth, velvety textured smoke with dark roasted nuts, sweet toffee and cocoa. About ¼ of the way the draw opened up perfectly giving way to a medium strength with perfect body, exquisitely well balanced. A dark gray ash formed and the burn was absolutely perfect. Somewhere at the halfway point, I did get a hint of a tannic taste in a couple of draws, possibly due to the cigar still being a bit young yet. Fantastic cigar from beginning to end! I’m such a Boliwhore. :D

07-10-08BoliSalimones001.jpg

07-10-08BoliSalimones002.jpg

07-10-08BoliSalimones003.jpg

07-10-08BoliSalimones004.jpg

07-10-08BoliSalimones005.jpg

Couple pics of a storm "rolling" in....

07-10-08Stormyskies.jpg

07-10-08Stormyskies2.jpg

It has gotten to the point now, Greg, that every time I see a CC review up on the board, I know its from you without question. That being said, I know its always gonna be an awesome review!! :thumbs:

I am only jealous of your CC smoking abilities!

~Billy

Great review...great cigar....great pictures -- addy in profile

:sign:

Thanks Greg for another fantastic review! I'm a big fan of Bolivars, and from the sounds of things this RE looks like a gem.

Looks excellent! I love the Bolivar range, and this looks like it has great potential.

Very nice review yet again Greg. :) Gotta love them RE's!

Don

I must have at least one, excellent pictures and review. :thumbs: My neighbors to North help a Brother out! :)

I must have at least one, excellent pictures and review. :thumbs: My neighbors to North help a Brother out! :)

x2 on that Adrian!! Man, to have a cab of these in the humi! (chanting) Boli...Boli...Boli... :laugh:

These run about 1k or so a cab of 50 last time I looked into it. There are still a few out there to be had but the picking is getting slim.

On that note I would love to have the chance to try a few of these myself.

Excellent review Greg as alway. Allows me to live vicariously through you.

Grapes