• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CA Top 25 Cigars of the Year

I believe these ratings serve one purpose...to try something once that you otherwise wouldn't have tried or even heard about. If you like it, great. You've added something to your rotation. If you don't like it, you won't be smoking anymore of them. And while these ratings won't make you or anyone else here run out to purchase the smokes on the list, keep in mind that the average cigar smoker and the bulk of cigar smokers are NOT like us (guys on forums, guys who read the blogs, etc...) WE are only a small fraction of the cigar market, while the bulk of the market is what I like to call the "golf course smokers". These are the guys that will run out to purchase these sticks. But again, if you don't like it, you'll only run out to buy it once.

This is a great perspective. Well said, Israel....B.B.S.

Good idea, but I still hate the fact that there's no CC's in this list. I'd personally pick a fresh RASCC over any of the cigars listed.
Agreed, Jason. But the whole idea of compiling lists from various review forums has potential.

The problem of cigar favorites being subjective is still the 'rub' with any such list. There are also some non-Cubans I think should be on the lists but that's just me, of course. :p

Thanks guys! I found the forum based upon site traffic I got from this thread! :)

I do agree that there are Habanos that should eb on the list, but I purposely kept my opinion out and just compiled info from other blogs ,etc. And then the guys at halfwheel took my idea several steps forther and did some major info compilation and analysis. And neither of us knw what the other was doing at the time.... too funny.

This list made me regret getting another years worth of CA. I actually called them and told them not to send me any more. This list is peppered with junk. There's a few jewels in there, don't get me wrong, but a majority of them aren't very good

If cigar retailers just sold what most of us on CP consider great cigars, they would not be in business very long. Being too negatively critical of a cigar demands an explanation of the reviewers experience. How many smoked, under what conditions for how long? All from the same box, etc. This is why I do not listen to anybody concerning cigars unless I have a great deal of insight into their smoking habits as a whole.

edit to clarify