• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabanas Belvederes '95

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
This was one old looking smoke with a dark leathery looking wrapper that had no noticeable oils. I removed it from the cello and found it to have a dark, barnyard smell. It was quite spongy when squeezed, and after clipping the head found a perfect resistance in the draw with a taste of mature tobacco.

I fired up the foot and was hit with a full strength blast of smoke with black pepper spice. The taste was that of dark, wet earth with some grassiness around the edges. Once the initial power idled down a bit, the smoke became quite smooth, and I found a flavor that of butterscotch with a barely detectable amount of mint.

Further in, I had to be really careful when taking a draw, having to basically sip the smoke as it was quite strong. The flavors of earth and grass continued with a hint of butterscotch and mint. Not much of a finish on it, however an intriguing little smoke for sure.

12-14-08CabanasBelvederes95001.jpg

12-14-08CabanasBelvederes95002.jpg

12-14-08CabanasBelvederes95003.jpg

12-14-08CabanasBelvederes95004.jpg

Thanks for another nice review. One question though. Why the unusual cut on such a steep angle?

Thanks for another nice review. One question though. Why the unusual cut on such a steep angle?

I am curious as well. Too much moonshine? Some kind of secret cut that we are not aware of? :laugh:

I remember reading somewhere that the angle cut directs the smoke more towards the palate for better flavor/taste.

I remember reading somewhere that the angle cut directs the smoke more towards the palate for better flavor/taste.

I couldn't agree more with you, and thanks for the review.

Interesting. I'll have to try that on the next cigar I smoke.

Great Review. Thanks.