• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Centenario Pyramid No. 9 Centro Fino

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Partly cloudy out this morning with the temperature gauge showing 79F, so a nice change from the very warm, humid weather. After fixing a fresh cup of coffee, I settled down to put fire to this Centenario Pyramid received from a brother on another board. It had excellent construction with minimal oil, a good weight in the hand, and after clipping the tapered head I found the draw just right.

Torching the foot, the smell of the second hand smoke wafting up to the nose had a sweet, richness to it. After a few good puffs, I took a long draw and found the smoke very mild with no spice at all. Luckily, the flavors were rich tasting of freshly baked bread and light wood with a lasting, delicious finish.

A third in and the burn is sharp enough, however the medium to light gray ash is flowering a good bit, yet holds strong until tapped off. The smoke flows well through the perfect draw and is extremely mild for my palate. I do however enjoy the rich taste of the smoke, which is pairing quite well with my coffee, the finish very lasting on the palate.

I continue on with the smoke even though I’m thinking about putting it down. Just way too mild for me. It’s a shame there isn’t more strength and spice as that would really make this one incredibly good cigar. I smoked it through halfway and although I hate not finishing a cigar, finally did sit it down. Again, if the strength/spice had been there, I would have really enjoyed this cigar. This would definitely be a good one for someone that enjoys a really mild smoke.

08-14-10CentenarioPyr004.jpg

08-14-10CentenarioPyr001.jpg

08-14-10CentenarioPyr003.jpg

08-14-10CentenarioPyr002.jpg

I enjoyed your take on this blend, Greg.

FYI, I believe the blend without the Centro Fino wrapper is referred to as Natural.

So you have the just done a smashing review on the Centenario Pyramid #9 Centro FinoSun Grown.

Great job! :)

Great taste of the cigar, very mild like said.
However I experienced issues with some uneven burn.

The same problem I had with the Cuesta Rey Centenario Robusto No.7 Natural.
I don't think it has anything to do with my lighting technique as I only had it with cigars of Cuesta Rey.
Perhaps a bad batch?

Perfect!

Try the Natural next. It's sweeter and, as I said in my PM, was the first totalmente a mano cigar I ever had.

Get well soon to you and your family.

Steve