• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Label / Band Review

George Scott

This thread inspired me to try these labels from OnlineLabels.com.

Since I have never purchased labels and have been wishing to for a long time, I requested a few free samples. I know these are not the type of labels you folks use, but since all other sources were coming up short for quality or availability, I decided it was worth a try. I did not like what I was reading about all the other label options, and "Bob's" where not available.

These are SHEET labels, made for running through a ink jet or laser printer (YES! I said laser!). They are on the expensive side of the spectrum. For the smallest order, 80 labels they are .16 ea. As you move up in quantity the price breaks get better of course. For example, 1600 labels are about .05 ea (for a total of $80). The have 20% discount coupons all the time. These prices are based on the 16 labels per sheet. I just noticed they have a plain label now that has 20 per sheet, so if that floats your boat, even cheaper.

I am kind of a techno dude, so I like the option of running these through the printer, rather then a hand writing - and my hand writing sucks. Since I'm not doing more then about 5-10 labels at a time, I was concerned about running a single sheet through the laser multiple times. So I tested this out right away. For my first test I ran one sheet though the laser printer 4 times with no sign of jamming or problems with the adhesive. Considering the heat generated by the fuser in a laser printer, that's pretty good.

I have had those test labels in my humi for 3 1/2 months now, and no sign of them loosing their stick. Still in perfect shape.

The company provides Word templates for printing, but I modified them a bit to make them easier to use. There is a generous amount of space on some of these labels. For reference, in the samples I printed, I'm using a 14pt font. You can print or write a lot info on these. If you decide to try these and your not a Word template guru, PM me for my template files and some instruction.

The adhesive is on the tip of one "tab" and the labels are 99% cut with the last 1% holding them in place. They are very easy to remove. For part of my test I tried to remove a label that was on a cigar for 3 months and it was difficult but I was able to peel it off, carefully. I replace it and it's still sticking fine. I DO NOT recommend the silver labels, only use the white ones.

20180627_164713.jpg
20180627_164736.jpg
20180627_164935.jpg

Last edited: