• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Label Table

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
So, I have hundreds of cigar labels I've kept from when I started smoking cigars in 2004. I've always wanted to lacquer them on some kind of table. I am really not blessed with woodworking skills. :love: Do I put the labels down on the table in what design I want and just lacquer it down? Anybody else done this before? Any thoughts, ideas or pics to share? Can I start the process and add more later? Or, is it a one time deal to get in done when I begin the project?

-ree

Ive seen something similar to what your are talking about in my travels but never got a picture.

Maybe this is something similar to what your talking about?

It was on a quick google search of "cigar label table"

decotable1.gif

Heres another:
0316fso2%20Cigar%20Label%20Table.JPG

Okay cool. I would just google it and search to get ideas and maybe even a way to do it. I myself have never worked with wood so I wouldnt want to be your adviser on that one... Hope someone who knows about it sees this post but anyways do some research... Im sure its not tooo hard!

GL

PS: POST PICS AS YOU GO ALONG!

I believe KP is responsible for that opus table. It was posted over at CF but last check never saw it completed.

I'd say as long as the table is indoors, just use a VERY thin layer of stick glue or the like to get them onto the table with no mess then lacquer over them when you're satisfied.

So, I have hundreds of cigar labels I've kept from when I started smoking cigars in 2004. I've always wanted to lacquer them on some kind of table. I am really not blessed with woodworking skills. :love: Do I put the labels down on the table in what design I want and just lacquer it down? Anybody else done this before? Any thoughts, ideas or pics to share? Can I start the process and add more later? Or, is it a one time deal to get in done when I begin the project?

-ree

If you need any extra labels, I have some I could send you...

What labels did you choose for the center piece? :thumbs:

I'm confused by this necro bump, Pug. Am I missing another thread it is in reference to?

Thanks for the bump, Pug. It's bittersweet to see this again. I thought I followed along as it was being completed, but I guess it was done about a year before my time and I just read about it in a thread afterwards. Funny how the mind works...

I need to find a metal table to do something similar with for my outside firepit area.