• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Insurance

John (Geldor1) has voluteered to be the third representative of the CPI board. I have personally passed with him on a couple occasions and know that he is a fair person. If any CPI member has any objection to his appointment to the CPI Board, please let me know by PM only. If there are no objections then I'll take that as agreement by the group. ;)

Emo

Objections... heck yea, I have an objection.

Shouldn't he have been banned by now?

Oh, wait a minute... Hey, that's me, Umm... I have no problem with that fine upstanding yada...yada...yada... :sign:

John (Geldor1) has voluteered to be the third representative of the CPI board. I have personally passed with him on a couple occasions and know that he is a fair person. If any CPI member has any objection to his appointment to the CPI Board, please let me know by PM only. If there are no objections then I'll take that as agreement by the group. ;)

Emo

Objections... heck yea, I have an objection.

Shouldn't he have been banned by now?

Oh, wait a minute... Hey, that's me, Umm... I have no problem with that fine upstanding yada...yada...yada... :sign:

Damn if John has doubts about himself, we may want to rethink this Emo. :whistling: ;)

Welcome aboard John! :thumbs:

Just a friendly reminder, CPI has an open registration. Please take a look athe the first post to get an idea of what CPI is about.

On a different note, I am in need of a few different items to assist me in taking care of CPI. Right now I am using floral foam with 50/50. Also using old boxes to store everything. That being said, CPI will accept the following for duesfor a new member:

- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- cedar tray
- cedar tray
- cedar tray

I havent been able to find a link to the cedar trays. But they are out there some where. If you are interested in joining CPI, please drop me a line and we can work something out.

Emo

Hello all, the purpose for CPI is to insure the basic passes against theft, loss, and damage. It also will save money for the people in your passes. By the host using CPI, others wont have to pay the $1.30 for insuring the pass for $50. As of right now, CPI can not be everything to everybody. There are just a handful ISOM's, and no rare cigars. But as CPI grows, so will the bank. I also have a couple of ideas on how to make the bank a little nicer. I will post the contents of the bank in a few days as I get it organized, but there are around 100 sticks. But for now, here are the bylaws:

CPI Bylaws

The objective of Cigar Pass Insurance, from here on out referred to as CPI, is to provide additional insurance above and beyond what is offered by the carrier. Many of the cigars passed in Cigar Passes are difficult to obtain, and many times harder to replace.

Responsibility of the insured:
· Once pay dues in cigars equivalent to $12-15 US dollars.
· Dues will be sent with the outer packaging marked in reference to CPI, and the inner bag will have a small slip of paper marked CPI and your handle.
· A PM will be sent to the board members with the contents of proposed dues.
· When starting a pass, the insured will state that the pass is insured by CPI.
· Suggest that persons joining the pass also join CPI.
· Have all participants deliver priority mail via USPS or any private carrier via means to deliver in 2-3 days.
· Have passers include delivery confirmation on the box.
· All participants must individually number each cigar placed in the box.
· All participants must post in the appropriate Cigar Pass thread, all put and takes.
· If a passer includes a cigar or cigars intended only for the pass starter, these will be considered gifts. Gifts will only be insured for passers who are current CPI members.
· Don’t not take advantage or cheat CPI.

Responsibility of CPI:
· Appoint a board of at least 3 people to guide CPI and render decisions.
· Make public to those members insured: 1) The current roster of CPI insured passers; 2) The current list of cigars in custody by the treasurer; 3) Any claims made by CPI members and the status of that claim.
· Handle and pay claims in the order they are received.
· If a good record of give and takes is kept by the pass and there are insured passers in the pass it may be voted to supply the insured people with a sympathy replacement for there losses but the pass starter is the top priority since they have the most to lose.
· If at a point in the future, CPI has an overrun of cigars, the board may present to the members of CPI a plan of action for a vote. This plan may include a raffle with proceeds going to a charity, the cost of running Cigar Pass, or the cost of running CPI; a donation to a Charity Herf; a Cigar Pass to increase the quality of cigars in the fund.
· The board won’t deny any cigars being sent for dues; the board will suggest a change if the exact cigar is already held by CPI. This will insure a robust selection in the treasury.

Emo
Topping the guidelines set forth for CPI. Remember that these are your guidlines and can be amended by a consensus vote of current CPI members. If there is something that comes up that we don't have clear direction on, the board will discuss the situation on it's own merits and act accoringly in the best interest of CPI and it's members.

Emo

thanks for the refresher Emo... I'm gearing up plans for a pass, so this will be good to incorporate.

:thumbs:

I received an email from Gonz asking to join CPI while his pass was under way. Below are the emails that took place.

Original email from Gonz:
Hey there,

I just wanted to see if I could join up with CPI, by sending sticks of course, and if it would be too late to consider my "Not Your Everyday Cigar Pass" to be insured, once of course my cigars and membership are approved. Also, in the first post of the CPI thread, it states that it's purpose is to insure basic passes, but now that it's been running for a while and has had an accumulation of cigars, is this something that would be beneficial for higher end passes? Either way I'll send in the sticks and join, just let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Andy

My reply:
Andy,
No one has ever tried to join CPI while a pass is actually underway. We will get back to you shortly.
Emo

John and Bill,
Here is my take on this. Coverage by CPI should start when the CPI donation is received and before a package is mailed out. For example, I receive a donation from Andy but his pass is in transit. His box isn't yet covered. But, once it has landed and the contents are verified as being accounted for, undamaged, properly humidified, and properly repackaged. At this point before the box is sent out, it should be covered from there on out. That's how I propose we should handle this. What are your takes?

Further, we should agree on how this situation should affect the CPI bylaws. Once we agree on the wording we can put it up to be ratified by the members of CPI. When replying, please remember to CC everyone on this original email. I'd like this to be open to everyone involved. Thanks,
Emo

Johns response:
Emo,

I don't have any problem with covering a pass in progress as long as it follows the steps you outlined.

John

Bills response:
Same here Emo. I would make this exception this time but from now on you must have already sent cigars to CPI before a pass starts.

Bill

My reply:
Andy,
As per yesterdays email, it agreed upon. PM me your proposed dues. Once your I receive your cigars, your pass will be insured after the pass is accounted for, verified as looking good, and properly packaged for the next recipient. Also, I am going to quote all the emails in the CPI thread so all is public. If you have ant questions, feel free to PM me.
Emo

So there you have it. If there is any CPI member that has a major exception, please PM me. I will work out a new bylaw to address for future reference, and submit it for ratification. Cheers,
Emo

An update of members and inventory.
-E

Board
EmoDx
Shadow
Geldor

Members
JoeM
Paragod
Gr8full2day
Hbooker
Vikder
RobbMT
Big Slim JR
Vern
Rod
Texcigar
Allofus123
Bobbyson1a
Geldor
Tremayne
Rncen
TexasAggie
BrownDevil
RicMac
Joe (F.)
Mr. Jingles
CalixEros
Diesel Grinch
Blue Dragon
Swissy
Gonz
Tigger
SaxJazzMan

CPI Inventory

ARISTOFF BELI
ASHTON CAB BELI
ASHTON CHURCHILL
ASHTON VSG CORONA
ASTRAL CHURCHILL
AVO #2 MADURO
AVO XO ROTHSCHILD
BIG BUTT CHURCHILL
BOLIVAR BELICOSO FINO (I)
BOLIVAR ROYAL CORONA 01(I)
BRAZILIA GOL
BRAZILIA PIRANHA
CABAIGUAN BELICOSO
CAMACHO SLR
CAMACHO JAMASTRAN TORO
CAO ANNI MADURO CORONA
CAO ANNI MADURO TUBO
CAO ANNI EXTREME TORPEDO
CARMELLO ROBUSTO
CARMELLO ROBUSTO
COHIBA EV
COHIBA CHURCHILL
COHIBA SIG II
CONNIE #30
CUABA EXLUSIVOS(I)
CUABA GENEROSAS(I)
CUESTA REY CENTENARIO BELI
CUESTA REY STAMFORD CAMEROON RESERVE #9
CUPIDO CRIOLLO ROBUTO
CUSANO COROJO
DIPLOMATICOS #4 (I)
DON THOMAS SPECIAL EDITION
DUNHILL ALTAMIRAS TUBO
ERDM ROBUSTO LARGA
ERDM TORO
FLOR DE ALLONES #5 ESPECIALES
FONSECA MIT ZEDER
FUENTE 858M
FUENTE DOUBLE CHATEAU FUENTE
FUENTE ROTHSCHILD
GURKHA EXPEDITION TORO
GURKHA LEGEND PERFECTO
GURKHA LEGEND PERFECTO
GURKHA PERFECTO
HAVANA CLASSICO TORO
HDM (OLD OLD OLD)
HDM DARK SUMATRA TORO
HDM EXCALIBER
HDM ROTHSCHILD
H UPMANN ROBUSTO
H UPMANN 2000 BELI
H UPMANN 2000 CEDAR
HEMI BEST SELLER
HEMI SS
HEMI SS
HEMI SS
HEMI SS
HEMI SIGNATURE
HEMI SIGNATURE
HENDRIK KELNER SECOND CHURCHILL
HUGO CASSAR DIAMOND CHURCHILL
H UPMANN GRANDE MADURO
INDIAN TABAC NATURAL FUERTE TORO
JOSE MARTI CHURCHILL TUBOS
JR ALT
JUAN LOPEZ PC(I)
LA AURORA CAMEROON EDICION 1903
LA AURORA MADURO ROBUSTO
LA ESCEPCION III ZAVALLA
LA ESTRELLA CUBANA
LA FINCA TORO
LA FLOR DOMINICANA DL 660
LA GRLORIA CUBANA NATURAL
LA GLORIA CUBANA SERIE R TORO
LA GLORIA CUBANA SERIE R LIMITADA
LA VIEJA HABANA CEDAR
LEON JIMINEZ CHURCHILL
LONE WOLD CHURCHILL
LONE WOLF CHURCHILL
MACANUDO POTOFINO TUBO
MARIA MANCINI DEGAULLE
MONTESINO BELI 2002
MONTESINO SUPER BELI
MONTESINO SUPER BELI
MONTE #2
MONTE #444
MONTE JOYITA (I)
MONTE #5 (I)
MONTE #5 (I)
OLIVA FLOR DE OLIVA
OLIVA GRAND CAMEROON BELI
OLIVA O BLACK PYRAMIDE
OLIA O CLASSIC TORO
OLIVEROS BELI
ONYX MINI BELI
OPUS X FUENTE FUENTE
PADRON 1926 No. 35 MADURO
PADRON 2000
PADRON 2000 MADURO
PARTAGAS BLACK ROBUSTO
PARTAGAS BLACK ROBUSTO
PARTAGAS CIFUENTES SEPTIEMBRE
PARTAGAS CORONA
PARTAGAS PERFECTO
PARTAGAS PERFECTO
PARTAGAS TPC 98(I)
PARTAGAS 898V 98(I)
PERDOMO CUBAN PAREJO EPICURE MADURO
PERDOMO ESV CORONA NAT
PERDOMO LA TRADICION RED LABEL
PERDOMO LA TRADICION RED LABEL #4
PERDOMO LA TRADICION EXCLUSIVO
PERDOMO LA TRADICION EXCLUSIV
PERDOMO LA TRADICION CHAMPAGNE EPICURE
PERDOMO THE CIGAR BELI
PUROS INDIOS TORO
PUNCH RARE COROJO CORONA
PUNCH CHURCHILL (I)
PUNCH PUNCH (I)
RAFAEL GONZALEZ LONSDALE (I)
RASS 09/04 (I)
RP VINTAGE 1990 TORP
ROMEO Y JULIETA CORONA (I)
ROMEO JULIETA GRAND BELI
ROMEO JULIETA CEDROS #2
ROMEO JULIETA ROTHSCHILD
QUAY DORSAY CGRAN CORONA (I)
SANCHO PANZA DOUBLE MADURO CORONA
SANCHO PANZA DOUBLE MADURO ROTHSCHILD
SAN CRISTOBAL LA PUNTA (I)
SLR PC (I)
SLR SERIE A (I)
SOSA BELI
TEAMO VINTAGE 98 ROBUSTO
TEMPLE HALL CORONA
THOMAS HINDS VINTAGE ROTHSCHILD
THOMAS HINDS VINTAGE ROTHSCHILD
TORANO SIG CORONA GORDA
TORANO GOLD PYRAMIDE
TORANO GOLD TORO
TORANO SILVER ROBUSTO
TORANO SILVER TRUMPET
TRILOGY COROJO
TRINIDAD TTT TORO
VEGAS ROBAINA FAMILIAR OCT 01(I)
VEGAS ROBAINA FAMOSAS(I)
VICTOR SINCLAIR SERIES 55 COROJO

I just wanted to top this to welcome SaxJazzMan to the club.

Emo

Just a friendly reminder, CPI has an open registration. Please take a look athe the first post to get an idea of what CPI is about.

On a different note, I am in need of a few different items to assist me in taking care of CPI. Right now I am using floral foam with 50/50. Also using old boxes to store everything. That being said, CPI will accept the following for duesfor a new member:

- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- cedar tray
- cedar tray
- cedar tray

I havent been able to find a link to the cedar trays. But they are out there some where. If you are interested in joining CPI, please drop me a line and we can work something out.

Emo

Damn, how did I miss this post? Anything you still need Emo?

- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- cedar tray
- cedar tray
- cedar tray

Emo

I am doing ok. I could go for a couple larger boxes if anyone has them. The next project is a timer and a fan.

Hello all, the purpose for CPI is to insure the basic passes against theft, loss, and damage. It also will save money for the people in your passes. By the host using CPI, others wont have to pay the $1.30 for insuring the pass for $50. As of right now, CPI can not be everything to everybody. There are just a handful ISOM's, and no rare cigars. But as CPI grows, so will the bank. I also have a couple of ideas on how to make the bank a little nicer. I will post the contents of the bank in a few days as I get it organized, but there are around 100 sticks. But for now, here are the bylaws:

CPI Bylaws

The objective of Cigar Pass Insurance, from here on out referred to as CPI, is to provide additional insurance above and beyond what is offered by the carrier. Many of the cigars passed in Cigar Passes are difficult to obtain, and many times harder to replace.

Responsibility of the insured:
· Once pay dues in cigars equivalent to $12-15 US dollars.
· Dues will be sent with the outer packaging marked in reference to CPI, and the inner bag will have a small slip of paper marked CPI and your handle.
· A PM will be sent to the board members with the contents of proposed dues.
· When starting a pass, the insured will state that the pass is insured by CPI.
· Suggest that persons joining the pass also join CPI.
· Have all participants deliver priority mail via USPS or any private carrier via means to deliver in 2-3 days.
· Have passers include delivery confirmation on the box.
· All participants must individually number each cigar placed in the box.
· All participants must post in the appropriate Cigar Pass thread, all put and takes.
· If a passer includes a cigar or cigars intended only for the pass starter, these will be considered gifts. Gifts will only be insured for passers who are current CPI members.
· Don’t not take advantage or cheat CPI.

Responsibility of CPI:
· Appoint a board of at least 3 people to guide CPI and render decisions.
· Make public to those members insured: 1) The current roster of CPI insured passers; 2) The current list of cigars in custody by the treasurer; 3) Any claims made by CPI members and the status of that claim.
· Handle and pay claims in the order they are received.
· If a good record of give and takes is kept by the pass and there are insured passers in the pass it may be voted to supply the insured people with a sympathy replacement for there losses but the pass starter is the top priority since they have the most to lose.
· If at a point in the future, CPI has an overrun of cigars, the board may present to the members of CPI a plan of action for a vote. This plan may include a raffle with proceeds going to a charity, the cost of running Cigar Pass, or the cost of running CPI; a donation to a Charity Herf; a Cigar Pass to increase the quality of cigars in the fund.
· The board won’t deny any cigars being sent for dues; the board will suggest a change if the exact cigar is already held by CPI. This will insure a robust selection in the treasury.

Emo
^^ TOP ^^

- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- 1/2 lb %65 beads
- cedar tray
- cedar tray
- cedar tray

Emo

I am doing ok. I could go for a couple larger boxes if anyone has them. The next project is a timer and a fan.

Emodx..

I can send 2 cedar trays out with the sticks for CPI

Should ship on tuesday.

UPDATED 17OCT07

ARISTOFF BELI
ASHTON CAB BELI
ASHTON CHURCHILL
ASHTON VSG CORONA
ASTRAL CHURCHILL
AVO #2 MADURO
AVO XO ROTHSCHILD
BIG BUTT CHURCHILL