• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Cigar Draft 2006 - ALPHA DRAFT

Gentlemen, I give you the 12 players of the 2006 Inaugural Cigar Draft, ALPHA Draft!
  1. Burnt Tongue
  2. Bilder
  3. Satchmo
  4. Boogs34
  5. Marcsheldon
  6. Krautle87
  7. BkCloud114
  8. Bchem
  9. Slcraiders
  10. Hojadepuro
  11. Davidr2340
  12. Denverdog

Is this going to be the draft order?

You got it. Looks like you are sitting right in the middle.

My CD #420 19701 9101 0385 5574 9936 003 31

They will be in the box tomorrow.

Later,

JQ

Guys,

Boxes have started rolling in. Please check the first post in this thread for the updated list of cigars received.

Remember, the deadline for receipt of cigars is December 5th so please plan accordingly.

I would love to have all 144 cigars in hand before that date if possible.

Wilkey

PLEASE check the first post in this thread.

I have updated it with the OVERALL PICK ORDER. This listing provides the pick "slots" #1-72 that players will reference in making their picks so that we can keep track of players, sticks picked, and overall draft progress.

Wilkey

Wilkey,

Got my stuff all boxed up and forgot to put my money in for return shipping. :blush: So I put your address on an envelope and used it as the mailing label. My $4.55 is inside the envelope. ;)

I took it to the PO yesterday and the guy at the counter asks if there are any liquids in the box? Like the honest guy I try to be I said yes. He says, I can't take it! When I asked why he told me you cannot mail any liquids anywhere ever again! :sign: So Im am off to the UPS store on Monday.

I knew when I forgot to put the money in the box this was not going to go well. I have decided to lie to the UPS store and tell them there are no liquids in the box if they should ask. ???

By the way there are a couple of things in the box for you. That will teach you to give up your spot on the draft! ;) Keep an eye out for a brown truck!

BT

Wilkey,

Got my stuff all boxed up and forgot to put my money in for return shipping. :blush: So I put your address on an envelope and used it as the mailing label. My $4.55 is inside the envelope. ;)

I took it to the PO yesterday and the guy at the counter asks if there are any liquids in the box? Like the honest guy I try to be I said yes. He says, I can't take it! When I asked why he told me you cannot mail any liquids anywhere ever again! :sign: So Im am off to the UPS store on Monday.

I knew when I forgot to put the money in the box this was not going to go well. I have decided to lie to the UPS store and tell them there are no liquids in the box if they should ask. ???

By the way there are a couple of things in the box for you. That will teach you to give up your spot on the draft! ;) Keep an eye out for a brown truck!

BT
Paul,

How ever did you know I was out of Grape Nehi? :thumbs:

I'll keep my eyes out for the package, bro. BTW, I have heard that they might insist on either packing or seeing the contents on acceptance. Not sure, but I recall someone else somewhere mentioning this. Just a heads up.

Wilkey

Wilkey
I fixed my problem, I just put the box inside another box and filled it with packing paper. Now you can't tell there is any liquid when you shake it! It's back to the PO! Make sure you get all the stuff inside the small box out before you toss it!
BT

I have updated the opening posts for four packages received today!

So far, we are at a total of 15 packages received out of 24 total. Doing well so keep 'em coming.

Wilkey

Incoming! Keep your head down Wilkey, big box headed your way. DC# 0305 2410 0000 8310 2079. PM me if you have any questions.

hey guys, just a question here. if we are picking "mystery cigars" without knowing which ones we are picking, then why is it a secret what were sending as a mystery cigar?

hey guys, just a question here. if we are picking "mystery cigars" without knowing which ones we are picking, then why is it a secret what were sending as a mystery cigar?

Good point Marc... maybe we should at least know what the possibility of our pick is

I am a gambler at heart, so I like not having any idea what I will be getting. If we notice their are some really nice, or really cheap cigars in the mystery bag, then that information might influence our decision on what we pick. Just a thought.

Brandon

Okay a bit late, but my package went out this morning. I'll post the DC# in the morning, left it in the car. :blush:

I am a gambler at heart, so I like not having any idea what I will be getting. If we notice their are some really nice, or really cheap cigars in the mystery bag, then that information might influence our decision on what we pick. Just a thought.

Brandon

I tend to agree with you Brandon; if people are aware of the mystery selection it could alter when they excercise the option which would in effect take some of the mystery out of it. Just my 2 cents and either way it will be a good time.

Quick question related to the current discussion: Since the bravo draft is being administered by Dan, how will the picking of mystery sticks be coordinated? Will you (Wilkey) wait until both draft decisions are complete before doing the draws or do them in real time and update the threads with what was picked? I guess the more important question is are the mystery sticks being pooled or kept seperate for each draft?

What DD said regarding the Mystery Stick.

ALPHA and BRAVO are completely separate drafts. This means everything from draft order to mystery sticks. Everything. I am sharing all the pass information with Dan so that we both know what sticks are in each draft's inventory. Dan and I will update our respective draft threads as close to real time as possible.

I highly advise that players print out the overall pick order and play along as the draft unfolds. That is, cross out the picks as they are made. That way, you get an idea of how the draft is progressing and also provide an additional record keeping check.

Good questions!

Wilkey

I think an arguement on the identity of the mystery stick could go both ways.... Not know may be a con for some, knowing may be an incentive for some people to pick early.

That was a very good point though, Marc. I personally do not preference.

I think an arguement on the identity of the mystery stick could go both ways.... Not know may be a con for some, knowing may be an incentive for some people to pick early.

That was a very good point though, Marc. I personally do not preference.
I'm more than willing to change it to known list if that's what most people want. Here's your chance to chime in. We can do it either way. I do see the possibility of people holding all the mystery picks to the end if they do not know if there is something of value and interest there.

Let me know, folks!

Wilkey