• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Cigar Draft 2006 - ALPHA DRAFT

I vote for keeping the mystery sticks a true mystery. Adds to the fun of it I think. But that's just me. I won't bitch about it either way.

Matt

Mark Twain said this in the Bravo thread and I feel it warrants mentioning here.

Changing this is not a good idea imo. If you have a list of mystery cigars posted, then members can keep track of which ones were picked as the draft goes along and this would ruin the whole concept of chance because everyone can see what was drawn from the list and plan if they want a randomly drawn cigar based upon the quality of what remained.

Of course, it does not really matter to me but figured he made a good point.

That was a very good point, boogs. I'll go however the folks want to go as this is your draft.

Wilkey

Copied from the BRAVO Draft thread.

I'm of the opinion that there are twelve great sticks in the box. I would prefer to have a blind pool, and get to watch them appear as people exercise their option. For me, that would be more challanging and therefor fun. I don't think they will last til the last picks. There are too many gamblers among us.

Off subject but along the same lines... The Wilkey LMAD slots should be chosen in advance, but not revealed until the pick has been made. Otherwise, if I know I'm up for a LMAD slot, I may choose a stick I don't really want since I know I will have the oportunity to trade it out.

For example, Mmburtch chooses XYZ with his third pick. Congrats, this is LMAD slot #1. Do you want to make a deal? You have X hours to decide. Or something like that.
mmburtch,

You've made several good points here and I think I'm hearing a good case being made for the Mystery Box being a total mystery.

Now, let me just clarify the LMAD slots. You correctly understand how I intend this to work. The slots and the identities of the deal sticks were given to Rod and Dan before Rod gave us the player numbers. This means I could not have manipulated the LMD slots to favor anyone in particular.

I've been painstaking in taking out any possibility of manipulation from the administrators' side so that you guys can slug it out man to man. :D This seems to be one of the fun things about a draft and I am hoping that it will work as well here as it has on other forums.

Wilkey

Oh, BTW, I really appreciate the kind words of thanks for getting this project off the ground. It really has been fun and your letting me know that our work is appreciated is all the thanks I need.

And then there are the jokers who send stuff like this.
MoonieCaps01.jpg

Don't worry, I won't be doing any special with, I mean to, I mean on your cigars before sending them out. :whistling:

Wilkey

What do you do if you pull the mystery stick for smeone and it is the one they put in? I don't think you should be able to get your own stick back.

BT

BTW, Nice hats!

Wilkey

What do you do if you pull the mystery stick for smeone and it is the one they put in? I don't think you should be able to get your own stick back.

BT
Why not? You guys can say no boomerangs or boomerangs allowed. It's up to you. Players let me know.

Wilkey

Wilkey

BT
Why not? You guys can say no boomerangs or boomerangs allowed. It's up to you. Players let me know.

Wilkey

If you pick your own mystery stick, you could have the option to keep the stick

OR

trade the all your drafted sticks for one of Wilkeys nifty hats?

Those hats are rare and highly desirable. The perfect Christmas hat for sure! :whistling:

I vote for keeping the 'mystery' sticks just that... A mystery! :thumbs:
Also, I think if you pick your own 'mystery' stick, you should have the option to keep it if you want.

Just my .02!

This should be a blast!!!

Keep it a mystery.

What comes out of the box is what you get. If it is your stick, oh well.

They don't call it gambling for nothin'. :)

Updated for two more packages received.

Also, it's looking like more folks want the identity of the Mystery Sticks to remain a mystery. At this point, I'm inclined to leave things as originally planned.

[pharaoh]
So let it be written. So let it be done.
[/pharaoh]

Wilkey

this is getting more and more complicated for the simple minded like me. if im understanding the rules right, the mystery will absolutly be the last cigar i pick because there is no advantge of picking one early....actually it would be a disadvantage to pick one early.

but let's just keep it a mystery, that seems to be the majority vote. i dont care either way.

I am planning on picking the mystery stick somewhere in the middle. Willing to bet there are some nice sticks in there.

this is getting more and more complicated for the simple minded like me. if im understanding the rules right, the mystery will absolutly be the last cigar i pick because there is no advantge of picking one early....actually it would be a disadvantage to pick one early.

but let's just keep it a mystery, that seems to be the majority vote. i dont care either way.

While I am at first inclined to agree with you about picking later in the game, I dunno if thats really how it will pan out. In the bravo draft I am #6 which means a lot of people pick before and after me before I go again. If it turns out the sticks at the top of my list are picked I may gamble on a mystery stick early just for the hell of it. I don't get the impression at all that anyone put a rocket into the mystery bags and there are a few sticks in the draft that I want but don't think they will be as popular as others, so I can probably afford to wait on them a little longer. Just my 2 cents and who knows how it will really all go down!

Without revealing anything prejudicial, I can say that each draft has some nice stuff in their Mystery Boxes. And who's to say that the Draftmaster Elf won't be moved by the excitement to tape a few extra sticks to what's already in the bag? :whistling:

Wilkey

And then there are the jokers who send stuff like this.
MoonieCaps01.jpg

Don't worry, I won't be doing any special with, I mean to, I mean on your cigars before sending them out. :whistling:

SOB!!! I got you one too!! Was gonna be your Xmas gift. :laugh:
Did everyone at CP buy one of these or what?!? Well, I'll send it anyway so you and your family can match. I expect to see a family portrait!!

I put a full selection of the Phillie Flavored cigars in for my mystery stick:

1 Bananna
1 Grapefruit
1 Grape
1 Cherry
1 Orange

Just think 5 cigars for one pick!

Paul,

You are too damn much! You could have packed a live rooster in that box and the USPS would not have been able to tell what was inside. :laugh: Got your draft sticks and everything checks out AOK.

It was rather cheeky of you to sneak in a personal smart-bomb but I have to hand it to you for doing your research. Thank you very, very much and especially for the antique item. I'm going to have to consult some of photon-fanatic friends for help in figuring that one out.

BTW, here is the aftermath of your packaging. My daughter decided to play "cat in a box." :rolleyes:

BurntTounguePackageResidue.jpg

Wilkey