• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Esplendido 2007

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s a cool day, especially with the wind blowing like it is. It is nice in the sun over to the side of the porch where the wind is blocked, very nice out with not too many bugs. I went to the wineador and picked out one of the Cohiba Esplendidos recently received from Khari as part of the box split. The wrapper is a golden brown, has slight oil, and one prominent vein running the length with a bit of green coloring midway. It’s firm when squeezed with a nice crunchiness, good bunching in the foot and a well constructed triple cap on top. After punching the cap, I find a perfect draw with a somewhat sweet, straightforward tobacco taste coming through.

I toast the foot and blow on the embers to get an even burn going, then take a couple quick puffs to get the smoke flowing well. My first long draw produces an abundance of medium strength smoke with a mild, light pepper spice on the tongue and throat. Slowly exhaling through the mouth and nose, flavors are absolutely fantastic, as rich a smoke that I’ve ever tasted on my palate. There’s taste of toasted, buttery bread, cinnamon, sweet dark cocoa, leather, wood; complexities that have me smacking my lips over and over. Holy cow it’s dangerous for a cigar to taste this good. :whistling:

The burn is sharp through the first third and into halfway with a strong, medium gray ash forming. Medium strength smoke is flowing in a perfect amount through the excellent draw, smooth like creamy butter on the palate. Flavors continue to be deeply rich and just amazing, hitting my palate just right with a finish that is about the most lasting that I’ve ever experienced.

Heading into the final third, the strength seems to kick up a notch to almost full with the spice picking up ever so slightly as well. The burn continues to be sharp with a draw that produces the perfect amount of smoke. There’s a slight charred wood taste towards the very end, however not in a bad way at all. This has got to be one of the best cigars I believe I’ve ever smoked with the richest, creamiest smoke to have crossed my palate. Like I said, a smoke this freakin’ fantastic is dangerous! OUTSTANDING SMOKE!!

03-27-10CohibaEsplendido006.jpg

03-27-10CohibaEsplendido001.jpg

03-27-10CohibaEsplendido003.jpg

03-27-10CohibaEsplendido004.jpg

03-27-10CohibaEsplendido005.jpg

03-27-10CohibaEsplendido002.jpg

Wow... So how much better than the 2005 you smoked the other day?

Thanks for the great review, Greg. I was already planning to take some of these to Nashville but now I'm really looking forward to trying one.

Very nice review! Just finished an 03 Siglo IV, which was a great cigar. Cohiba knows what they are doing. Never had the Esplendido, but looking forward to the day that I do based on your review.

Hey Greg,

First and foremost I wanted to thank you for your great reviews. I use them as a guide for cigars I would like to try. I wanted to ask if you had noticed the difference in the bands in both of your Esplendido reviews. I am a newb and wanted to know if this was common. I have never made a purchase of isom cigars before, but plan to soon. I have read so much about bands being an indicator of possible fakes that any small inconsistency makes me paranoid. I have attached a pic of your two reviews below. I noticed there was a difference in the top row of dots. I do not mean to imply in any way that this cigar is a fake. I just want to know if I should freak out over small inconsistencies like this when making a purchase.

co.jpg

Thanks,

Brian

Found this post on another thread.

Good observation Larry and good question. Really no idea on slight variations like that. I compared the 05 Esplendido I just smoked with the 07 Esplendidos we just got in our GB and the white squares on the sticks just received are at the very top of the band (on mine) with no black space between. Could very well be just a slight variation in how the bands were cut, plan to smoke one today or tomorrow and will review.

As per your review it seems like a superb smoke! I guess this may be a CC quality control thing!

Thanks,

Brian