• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba prices

investandprosper

Man, Cohiba prices have shot through the roof in recent years. I don't see how someone would pay over double for a Siglo II vs. a Boli PC. Can anyone vouch for recent Cohiba boxes? Are they worth it?

I've got a sig III box and a pyramids from early '16 that I paid the iron price for, and I don't know that I'd do so again. They're delicious sticks, but nothing worthy of the price. Esp with those super encouraging crop reports going around. I may just skip buying for 17 and part of 18 and pick up again once the better wrapper and filler crops begin showing up.

ETA - filler not fuller autocorrect. ;)

I don't think CoRo's are twice the the value of any of the other robustos. Juan Lopez, Bolivar, Ramon Allones and ERDM are available under$200 vs CoRo's over $400.

100% agreement...in fact, JL#2's are really, really smoking nicely now. If I were looking for a robusto, that'd be my first choice. Price is well under $200, btw.

I've been smoking and loving the SLR Regios and they are less than $200. While the CoRo's are fine cigars if there are a few for special occasions in the humidor that's fine as $400 is large.
Same here. Probably my favorite robusto.

I have a box of Siglo I that I just started getting into that have proved to be worth every penny so far. So damn good.

Just found one vendor with BHK 52's for $807 / 10, 54's for $1012 / 10, and 56's for $1134 / 10. Of course they are in stock....so if you want them, you'll pay for 'em.

That's. Just. Insane.

I'm pretty sure I've got most of a 10 box of 52's in the cabinet. They seem to be doing lots better than my 401K, right this second......:confused:

Just found one vendor with BHK 52's for $807 / 10, 54's for $1012 / 10, and 56's for $1134 / 10. Of course they are in stock....so if you want them, you'll pay for 'em.

That's. Just. Insane.

I'm pretty sure I've got most of a 10 box of 52's in the cabinet. They seem to be doing lots better than my 401K, right this second......:confused:

Seriously! Makes $400 a box seem worth it back in the day.

The recent Cohiba's have been excellent. Problem is, so have a lot of other marca's. Is the profile of Cohiba one that you feel is worth the mark up? Personally when I want a Cohiba nothing else will do. Between the Siglo II and Boli PC I'd pay up every time for the Cohiba, but that's just my preference.

As for the behikes as of late, there has been a shortage of supply so a few vendors just left prices alone and sold out their stock. Other vendors decided to capatilize on the shortage and jacked their prices up to almost triple in some cases. These are the vendors that still have them in stock.

Cheers all. Sprung for a box of COROs, I just haven't found a cigar that pairs better with scotch. The vanillas in both the cigar and scotch intermingle so nicely.

OK checked out the Cohiba prices at the LCDH and at the Carcol shops. Prices for CoRo were 380 CUC at LCDH and 340 at Caracol. Why they differ so much is beyond me.

I did find out from Cueto, "Jose Castelar" that they don't have rollers to make Cohiba Lanceros. Was able to get two at the shop where he is at the Morro. They had five left and Izzy bought two and we left one. I did not see any lanceros at the four other LCDH that I went to. I only smoked one Cohiba robusto and that was at the new Cohiba Atmosphere. That is the place to cool down and unwind from sightseeing, the mojitos were 4.50 CUC and amazing deal. I'll post later on in a thread by itself on my trip.