• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo I

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After the LFD fiasco this morning, I went and grabbed this little Cohiba to hopefully enjoy. The wrapper is a golden brown, slightly oily, and one small, prominent vein running the length. It’s firm when squeezed, and with the cap punched I find the draw is somewhat tight, however air is flowing through enough to hopefully smoke good. It better or I’m slinging this thing across the yard. :D

The small foot lights easily and after a couple puffs, I take a slow draw (have to because it’s so damn tight). There’s just enough smoke produced to get a good spice on the back of the throat. I find it to be a medium strength, buttery feeling over the palate, with really good, rich flavors of cocoa, coffee, toasted nuts, fresh baked sweet bread and a nice woodiness. Possibly a hint of cinnamon as well. The finish is very good, lasting on the palate well after exhaling.

A third to halfway in and the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds strong until tapped off in the ashtray. The draw, although tight, is working well with the medium strength smoke that continues to be buttery smooth and very rich in flavor, somewhat complex to my palate. I exhale slowly through the mouth and nose, enjoying the lasting finish.

This was definitely more like it with sharp burn, rich flavors that lasted long on the palate. I would have liked the draw to be a little less tight, however it still worked well enough to thoroughly enjoy this fantastic little cigar.

10-04-09CohibaSiglo1001.jpg

10-04-09CohibaSiglo1002.jpg

10-04-09CohibaSiglo1003.jpg

Have a box of these sleeping in the humidor. I love these little guys and its the only cigar my wife will smoke with me (on occasion)

Thats one pretty smoke. Thanks for the review, im glad this guy smoked better for you.

Definitely glad this one treated you better than the LFD. I have yet to try a Siglo, I have a few VI's resting, but I haven't pulled the trigger. I'm thinking about double checking the box code and seeing if they are a year old yet. It may be time!

I just picked up another box of these and can't wait to dig in! This review made me pull the trigger, as I forgot how good they were.

Great review on a great smoke. They come in Tubos, too.