• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

77 Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale $15.04 LaAurora Preferidos Deluxe Red Maduro (Ruby tube) $15.80

I think we agree on this LOL

Mike

The Regios Reserva has a MSRP of 10.50 a stick. It is out in a limited run. But I do not have a final number of sticks. I have been told 200 boxes (5000 Sticks). I think the DCM is a fine trade for it.

I will say this, the reserva SW is the only new tat I have been impressed with in years. I will probably have to hunt some down, especially if they are a limited run.

Also re the Avo 22 Euro: the thing is although they were 12 a stick or whatever originally, they fetch a much higher price these days. I saw canisters breaking down to around 20 a stick two years ago and I have heard they are even selling for 30-40 a stick now. The key issue is not just rarity in that instance, but a significant bump in the market value of the cigar over the years.

Have you had any of the Regios or the Noellas? They are both great. I like the SW Maduro better as well. If you are looking I may be able to score you a box.

I was told via PM $12 for the 22 but I think he said it was an '02 price. Have no idea. Not an AVO person.... just pricking something different. I paid more for the DCM but I think CI came out to $9 and the tat $9.

Now for the big internet question. Do they really have inventory on hand for that price? Sometimes I have seen low prices on sticks they never have when you decide to order. Then you switch (since your already ordering) to a higher priced in stock item.

CI has regular Regios for 9, not the Reservas. A good price gauge for it is 10-11. Trading for a 11-12 quality stick (opus, padron, dcm...) I personally think it is fine, but some may think that DCM might fall short.

After looking into it more, I also think the DCM is a bit short.

I hope I have been around long enough for people to know I have absolutely no inclination of taking more than what is right out of this pass.

You're good GP ...just rusty!

:laugh:

I just did inventory in my igloodor this weekend. Some of those sticks go back to 2004 and way before. Maybe I will just sell out. I remember the good days when you could get a great cigar for less than $8. Now those same sticks are 2-2.5 times that :angry: and not as good

Mike

A good price gauge for it is 10-11. Trading for a 11-12 quality stick (opus, padron, dcm...) I personally think it is fine, but some may think that DCM might fall short.

After looking into it more, I also think the DCM is a bit short.
[/quote]

The #5 is pretty small stick a church hill sized DCM would better match it price wise as they get closer to mid to upper teens. Of course I smoked my last one. Ya know I have a bunch of Fuente high dollar Anejo's, Opus X, etc but I hate to involve them in trades cause I can never find a a reliable price for Fuentes sticks. My pricing for them shows them in the $20's or more. Ridiculous.

Ok I left work early (walked across the parking lot lol). Have my inventory list, prices, etc. Keep an eye out for dome different proposals.
Mike

The #5 is pretty small stick a church hill sized DCM would better match it price wise as they get closer to mid to upper teens. Of course I smoked my last one. Ya know I have a bunch of Fuente high dollar Anejo's, Opus X, etc but I hate to involve them in trades cause I can never find a a reliable price for Fuentes sticks. My pricing for them shows them in the $20's or more. Ridiculous.

The MSRP listing in the 'Cigar Lounge' (or discussion area) is nearly up to date. It's about 50cents - $1 off. There's also the issue of rarity...an old one may bring more....then theres the issue of BOTL...I tend to go by the later. ;)

...the Avo 22 should be taken by a limited stick with similar age.

Maybe a Davidoff Panatella Extra...than you start looking at price.

I wouldn't say the 22 is a 30-40 stick...shoot if it is...I may sell out as well!!!!

Anyone have a reliable website to value Opus, Anejo that is acceptable for use in Pass valuation?

Mike, absolutely was NOT trying to question your motives or integrity at all. I just threw in my experience on value/rarity to assist because this stuff changes often enough it is hard to keep up.

Thanks for the link. Although I might take issue with MSRP price vs rarity/availability. Seems supply is spotty.

I'm glad we're having this discussion!

I'm good with the Avo 80th trade and the Davidoff Millenium trades. The 80th's are limited, but still available at their original msrp if you know where to look.

The Tat Reserva and the 22 I agree need to be paired up better regarding rarity. I hate seeing someone make up for the rarity by just getting crazy with the put's value, I just don't feel right about that. I'd much prefer to see something with an equal rarity go in, that had a similar original price point.

Agree with you all the way on finding an older cigar of equal price. How does the following look? Just putting it out there. I actually question an Opus Petite valued at $10-$11 vs. the $15.80 Tubo Gold. But then perhaps I should be asking my BOTL for for purchases stead of relying on my B&M LOL. You guys seem to know where everything is.

77 Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale $15.04 LaAurora Preferidos Deluxe Red Maduro $15.80
48 AVO 80th $13.50 Ashton VSG Spellbound $13.50
56 Opus Petite Lancero 08 $10 MSRP LaAurora Preferidos Gold Corojo (Tube) $15.80
13 Gurkha Legend Churchill $9 DCM Robusto NO 5 $9

BTW, Lots of nice sticks heading your way. As said earlier i was looking for lower priced ones this time that I had not heard of or had overlooked.

Comments?
Mike

....then theres the issue of BOTL...I tend to go by the later. ;)

I'm with you although my puts don't look like it I feel. I like to go $1 or 2 more. Just having problems finding stuff in the Humi so I don't have to make a trip to the B&M. I also am guessing I am under valuing some of my stick I am overlooking in my igloodor.

it is interesting what you can and can't find prices for. I have a Gurkha The Beast that I could only find one value for ($14). Seems to me they ought to be more available online for pricing. I think the local B&M has them for $2X.XX lol. Then they have other premium sticks better than online prices.

I still have a Hansota Sherpa 2002 limited Reserve (Barbered like the BTL). Not a high dollar price stick at the time but it was interesting and someday it will make for a nice aged stick if I ever get the nerve to smoke the pretty thing. LOL.

Maybe I should just make a pass of old sticks and move them. Share the aged with you farts lol.

....then theres the issue of BOTL...I tend to go by the later. ;)

I'm with you although my puts don't look like it I feel. I like to go $1 or 2 more. Just having problems finding stuff in the Humi so I don't have to make a trip to the B&M. I also am guessing I am under valuing some of my stick I am overlooking in my igloodor.

it is interesting what you can and can't find prices for. I have a Gurkha The Beast that I could only find one value for ($14). Seems to me they ought to be more available online for pricing. I think the local B&M has them for $2X.XX lol. Then they have other premium sticks better than online prices.

I still have a Hansota Sherpa 2002 limited Reserve (Barbered like the BTL). Not a high dollar price stick at the time but it was interesting and someday it will make for a nice aged stick if I ever get the nerve to smoke the pretty thing. LOL.

Maybe I should just make a pass of old sticks and move them. Share the aged with you farts lol.

LOL

It wasn't a dig.

It's tough not having a list of all the crap...heck, I think 3 of us talked about the different cigars.

An old stick pass may be nice! Hmmmm.

Agree with you all the way on finding an older cigar of equal price. How does the following look? Just putting it out there. I actually question an Opus Petite valued at $10-$11 vs. the $15.80 Tubo Gold. But then perhaps I should be asking my BOTL for for purchases stead of relying on my B&M LOL. You guys seem to know where everything is.

77 Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale $15.04 LaAurora Preferidos Deluxe Red Maduro $15.80
48 AVO 80th $13.50 Ashton VSG Spellbound $13.50
56 Opus Petite Lancero 08 $10 MSRP LaAurora Preferidos Gold Corojo (Tube) $15.80
13 Gurkha Legend Churchill $9 DCM Robusto NO 5 $9

BTW, Lots of nice sticks heading your way. As said earlier i was looking for lower priced ones this time that I had not heard of or had overlooked.

Comments?
Mike

Those look good to me! :thumbs:

Andy,

So if you are the last person in the pass and the pass owner forgot to list his name and address to send the pass back to him/her when pass is completed does that mean the last person in the pass gets to keep the pass? :whistling: