• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuaba Divinos

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Was in the mood for a smaller vitola this morning, so grabbed this Cuaba Divinos received back in my last pass. The tiny perfecto had a medium to dark brown wrapper, and found it hard as a rock when squeezed. I clipped the head, put fire to the tapered foot, and try to take a few puffs; however the thing was completely plugged with no air flow at all, not even enough to get the fire to try and make it to the larger ring gauge. I took my Palio and went ahead and clipped off a piece of the foot, which unfortunately didn’t help either, so grabbed up my draw tool and went to work. After a couple runs with the tool, I was able to get a slight bit of draw through, so fired it up again and went to puffing. After a bit, the draw actually did open up, and I was able to get enough smoke through to start enjoying the cigar, which was fantastic from beginning to end. Unfortunately, by the time I finished clipping the head twice and then some off the foot, wasn’t much left to smoke! :laugh:

02-20-11CuabaDivinos003.jpg

02-20-11CuabaDivinos001.jpg

02-20-11CuabaDivinos002.jpg

When I got the pass I looked at that cigar awfully hard. Wish I would have had a comparable CC to put in for it.

Nice pictures as usual! Too bad there wasn't enough cigar to smoke for a more in depth review!

I've got a box of these that have been resting for two years. I have smoked five or six and each has been a rocket. As you say, hard as a brick, terrible draw; IMO just an unpleasant smoke. However, I will add that the occasional good draw did have an excellent flavor.

Great review, Greg!

I smoked my first Divinos at a herf in Chestnut Hill in Philly. While waiting for the bulk of herfers to show, the host and I exchanged cigars.

I was impressed by the flavor but I had no draw problems. He stored his Cubans at a lower RH than 65% so that may have been a factor.