• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Puro Dominicano Belicoso

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After drinking down a Stone Cold Smoked Porter, I decided to go in and grab another cigar, which turned out to be a Davidoff Puro Dominicano Belicoso received from Monty about a month ago. The cigar has a medium brown wrapper with noticeable oil and a couple of prominent veins running the length. It feels rather light in the hand and with the sharply tapered head clipped, I find the draw a bit on the loose side, however enough resistance to hopefully smoke just right. I’m getting a musty tobacco flavor coming through in the cold draw.

After torching the foot, I take a couple puffs and then a long draw and get a mild to medium strength smoke that still has that mustiness to it, however find a delicious richness and buttery creaminess coming through in the lasting finish. I read a few reviews of the cigar prior to lighting it up, and found that they all described a peppery spice; however I really haven’t detected a lot of this in the first few initial draws, which usually has the most spice. There’s some there, however somewhat on the mild side.

Through the first third, the burn is good, however wants to go to one side and then the other, yet corrects itself well enough. There’s a medium to dark gray ash forming that is quite flaky, falling on its own after the first inch. The smoke itself is a medium to full strength with the spice still mild to medium, flowing exceptionally well through the perfect draw. I find the flavors continuing to be rich and delicious with a bit of mustiness in the lasting finish.

The halfway mark and final third are as previously described with the burn running enough to require some touching up, a perfect draw producing just the right amount of medium to full strength smoke, and rich, delicious flavors that leaves a lasting finish on the palate. However, I will say that the strength definitely picked up to a definite full strength and a bit more bite to the spiciness. This cigar was thoroughly enjoyable having a light, buttery body that was simply incredible on the finish. Many thanks Monty for an excellent smoke!

05-02-10DavidoffPuroDomin001.jpg

05-02-10DavidoffPuroDomin002.jpg

That just made my mouth water. Davidoffs continue to be some of my favorite cigars. Thanks again for a great review!

I still have yet to try a Davidoff and this does nothing to curb that! Nice reaview, I have a new hunt :p

I've always been interested in trying a Davidoff, but have never actually taken the time to hunt one down. They always looks so well constructed.... mini works of art. Works of art I want to burn, slowly.