• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Days of Summer Virtual Pass

I think there are several people in this pass that have numerous Monster releases. The Face is one of the better ones, IMHO. This will go out Monday.

Also, if it hasn't been posted already, it may be a good idea to add an over/under limit (I.e. no more than $0.50) so everyone is clear. It will save debate and time later. Just my .02, please do what you think is best.
I agree James. I think $.50 should be as high as it should go. Unless there is a justification, like rarity.

I'd like to hear from Gavin and some of the seasoned veterans on this one. With respect, that seems a bit tight.

Kendall, what did Jake have us at for the Newb Pass? Was it nothing more then .25 for an under-put and up to the discretion of the Pass organizer for the over-put? IMHO, a tight floor and a floating ceiling. It leaves the Pass better then when we got it (within reason) and yet gives an opportunity to do the homework on and stretch for something higher.

Yes, it was $.25 for under puts and up for discussion on over puts. That being said, most of the severe over puts were denied due to the integrity of our pass. This pass seems a little looser and I am not sure how it is going to work out. I agree, that a hard floor should be assumed, no matter the rarity or such.

Let me clarify, the .50 was purely an example. I was only suggesting Gavin place an amount, not the amount itself.

We'll say $1, for ease, though rarity can trump this. I don't intend to dissect things at the level of one of Jake's newbie passes, I'm more concerned with if the Puts and Takes as a whole 'feel' right. That being said, large over-puts are just as bad as large unders-.

In regard to the Tag-along/Host bag stuff, I appreciate the sentiment, but it's definitely not necessary. I'm not doing this to get anything out of it other than a good time and some camaraderie.

Kendall, I think you're good to go!

In regard to the Tag-along/Host bag stuff, I appreciate the sentiment, but it's definitely not necessary. I'm not doing this to get anything out of it other than a good time and some camaraderie.

That's exactly why I'm sending a tag along. =)

Did you all not get the memo that tag alongs are actually going back to me? :D

This will be my first pass, yep 3 years on the board and no passes yet. I always found them complicated and hard on a college students budget, but as my collection has grown, it's time to pop the cherry.

I personally don't buy boxes of CCs, except for H. Upmann Mag 48s, those will never be passed up. I have 100+ CC singles, but I don't normally have box codes for my CCs, but I do keep a spreadsheet of any information on my cigars and who I acquired them from. If that bothers anyone I will stick to trading NCs for NCs.

P.S. I have plenty of Monster Series, I might just have to put a few back in.

^It doesn't bother me, as long as everyone is confident in what they're trading.^

The cigar list on the OP has been edited with Kendall's Puts and Takes.
JTuttle, time to start thinking about some P/T's!

This shouldnt be an issue. Just remember, if you aren't sure of the source, don't include it in the pass. :)

This will be my first pass, yep 3 years on the board and no passes yet. I always found them complicated and hard on a college students budget, but as my collection has grown, it's time to pop the cherry.

I personally don't buy boxes of CCs, except for H. Upmann Mag 48s, those will never be passed up. I have 100+ CC singles, but I don't normally have box codes for my CCs, but I do keep a spreadsheet of any information on my cigars and who I acquired them from. If that bothers anyone I will stick to trading NCs for NCs.

I would go even one step further and say that if there is even the slightest doubt in your mind, then don't include them in the pass. With stuff like this you need to be 120% confident because your reputation is on the line.

This shouldnt be an issue. Just remember, if you aren't sure of the source, don't include it in the pass. :)

Gavin, maybe I missed this, but do you want the Puts to be shipped as soon as they are approved or are we waiting until the end of the pass to ship? Not sure if you wanted to have a steady dose of packaging and shipping or if you wanted to try and take it all on at once at the end.

**Edit for spelling**

It was my impression that we shop as we go. I think this would be easier to maintain. Just my opinion.

Yes, as we go, please. This will probably go a little faster than a regular pass, but otherwise should be similar in timing.

Going out Monday

9405 5036 9930 0032 6181 11

Thanks again for letting me play Gavin.

Have fun guys!

Also, if it hasn't been posted already, it may be a good idea to add an over/under limit (I.e. no more than $0.50) so everyone is clear. It will save debate and time later. Just my .02, please do what you think is best.

It's your guys' pass and you do what you want, but depending on the stick I could very likely find a buck of even two difference on the same stick from different vendors. So, you want to limit it to $0.50 difference you're probably going to need to state who's prices this is based on. If I were a schmuck I'd quote my takes from the cheapest vendor I could find, and my puts from the highest priced dude I could Google up. $0.50 sounds pretty anal to me, but maybe that's just me.

There is, of course, a simple answer to this issue.

Honestly, IMHO, the pass leader is the guy that should make the call. Maybe a buddy asks me to join his pass, so I feel like over-putting like crazy because I like him. Whose business is that other than mine and his? Or, maybe I'm hosting a pass and a buddy wants to put something that isn't quite what he's taking but since he's a buddy I'm OK with it. Long and short of it there isn't any debate....it should bet the pass leaders call, period, end of story. Not sure what "save debate" is all about, as at the end of the day, the pass belongs to the guy that started it...they are his sticks. He and only he should make the call and it should stop there.

JMHO, YMMV, etc.....one guy's opinion....B.B.S.

I tried to check prices for both puts/takes from the same source for consistency. I agree that it ultimately Gavin's call. Thanks BBS, for the quality input.

I'm only on this board frequently, so all of my sources stem from member of CP, I'm 1000% confident on who I get stuff from. If there is even the slightest doubt I wouldn't have it in the stock.

I make it worth everyone's while.