• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Devil's Weed & MCW

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Anyone remember these?

The Devil's Weed OR was a fantastic cigar, I smoked a good number of them. I thought that i heard that they were bought out and were being made by someone else, but never tried any.

My Cuban Wheel was also an amazing cigar, one of my favs!!! I still have 1 maybe 2 left in the humidor. Think I will dig it out this weekend.

I also heard that after the passing of the founder, another source was going to produce them, but, again I am not sure, and never tried one if they were re-released.

Mot sure what got me thinking of those 2 smokes, but i sure have good memories of them!

Tim

Two of my favorites. I know that Atlantic bought all of Moreno's MCW stock after his passing, but I hadn't heard of anyone continuing the brand/blends. I check on Atlantic every so often, and the MCW blends and different vitolas are slowly going out of stock. I finally just recently smoked the last of that wheel we split a few years ago (I gave a bunch away, too), and I should really get some more before they are truly gone for good.

I don't think I've ever had any of the OR Devil's Weed from when they first came in boxes, but I started smoking them around 2010 or 2011. They quickly became my favorite every-day smoke for reading outside. They disappeared for a while and have only recently been back on the market, that I've seen. I tried a few bundles of them, but they just aren't the same and I don't particularly care for them.

Reactions: MX
Both nice cigars in their day. I have one stick left of the original DW and an unopened box of MCW. I should break out that last box of MCW...they've been sitting awhile.

I went back and bought some of the new iteration of the DW and they weren't even smoke-able. I did a box split with Tom Schobert (Doc Wylie) and we still joke about how bad they were to this day. I got him all pumped up for this great tasting yardgar for short money and he won't let me live it down! :D One of the few cigars that I threw in the garbage...they were that bad. Not one redeeming quality.

Thanks for the cigar memory Tim!

i have 1 MCW blend 1 left, it looks like a churchill so it will be a nice long smoke, maybe this weekend if the weather is right.

T