• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DiMeola Oledas

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I received an interesting fiver from Nick (TrickNick) yesterday and this was one of the cigars included. I’ve never heard of a DiMeola, so did some searching online and found them here. This perfecto shape has an interesting blend with a Brazilian wrapper, Santo Domingo (DR) binder, and Dominican/Brazilian filler. The cigar is constructed really well with a dullish brown wrapper, noticeable tooth, one prominent vein running the length and slight oil. It’s very firm when squeezed, has a god weight in the hand, and with the tapered head clipped I find no draw at all, which is obviously due to the very small, tapered foot.

With the small foot torched, I start taking quick puffs to get to where the draw will open up, and the draw actually closes up to where there’s no airflow at all. I clip a good bit more off the head and continue puffing. Finally, after about a quarter inch of ash has formed, the draw opens up to an almost perfect resistance. There’s a very nice spice, not too strong, but rather mild on the back of the tongue with the smoke a mild to a close medium in strength with medium body. Flavors are really good from the start with a delicious richness that lasts on the palate after exhaling. I’m tasting sweet tobacco with toasted almond, cedar wood, and a hint of cinnamon.

The burn is sharp with noticeable tooth in the medium to dark gray ash forming that has noticeable tooth. It falls easily after about an inch or so, my wife happens to be sitting outside with me and gives me the evil eye as it lands on the back porch floor. Oops! :blush: The first third of the cigar was consistently mild to almost medium in strength, however as I hit the halfway mark, the smoke begins to turn to more of a medium with the spice picking up. As I exhale through the mouth and nose, there’s a nice burn much like when you eat a good piece of horseradish Actually made my eyes water slightly; most enjoyable! I think that it being right at 40 degrees out may have helped a bit with the sensation. Flavors are more of a rich, black coffee with a worn leather, however still a hint of the cinnamon in there.

In the final third, the cigar still had a very sharp burn with lots of tooth in the dark gray ash that was quite loose, falling on its own. Good, medium strength smoke flowed effortlessly through the perfect draw with flavors rich, delicious, and bold in body. The finish was lasting on the palate, indeed an excellent smoke!

12-12-09Dimeola001.jpg

12-12-09Dimeola002.jpg

12-12-09Dimeola003.jpg

I'm glad you enjoyed it! These truly are a boutique cigars and are quite enjoyable.

Only one review so far this weekend? You are slacking Greg! :laugh:

Great review bud, I always enjoy seeing something new. :thumbs:

Only one review so far this weekend? You are slacking Greg! :laugh:

Great review bud, I always enjoy seeing something new. :thumbs:

Haven't been feeling too well the past week, that and winter seems to have finally arrived. I smoked a Power Ranger sitting in my car with the window cracked, heat on, and jammin to some jazz Friday night. :D