• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diplomatico No. 2

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s December 19, 2008, and the temperature gauge outside is reading 71F. How strange is that? There’s a nice breeze blowing and the sky is overcast with spots of blue here and there. I’ve wanted to give the Diplomatico No. 2 a try since receiving it from my Secret Santa (thanks Cajunblaze), so decided this afternoon would be as good a time as any.

This was a nice looking torpedo with a medium brown wrapper that was coarse with a slight oiliness to it. It had a good bit of give when squeezed and the foot had what looked to be slightly loose bunching. I clipped the tip at an angle and found the draw a tad bit on the loose side, but with enough resistance to still smoke well. I put fire to the foot and blew the embers to get the burn good and even, and then took a draw. There was a small amount of spiciness and tastes of raw pecans with hints of cinnamon and leather. I was also getting a flavor that I can only describe as…tobacco. A rich, strong tobacco. No other way to describe it.

The ash was a bit flaky and didn’t hold very well, and the burn got a little crooked now and again, but corrected itself well with a little work. There was also some noticeable tooth in the medium gray ash. The finish was intense with a very strong aftertaste that was lasting. The smoke was medium in strength and continued to have a strong pecan and leather flavor with some possible citrus notes.

At the halfway mark, the smoke strengthened a bit with a good helping of spice on the back of the throat. The flavor intensified and was a straightforward, rich tobacco taste that was very good on the palate. The finish continued to be lasting, lip smacking good! I must say this was definitely a different smoke, and I thoroughly enjoyed the good tobacco flavor. Thank you again Rich for the opportunity!

12-19-08DiplomaticoNo2001.jpg

12-19-08DiplomaticoNo2002.jpg

12-19-08DiplomaticoNo2003.jpg

12-19-08DiplomaticoNo2004.jpg

12-19-08Imported119.jpg

You should start offering to place advertisements on your thumbnail. I'm sure some of the dealers on here would contact you in a hurry. :sign:

Excellent review, as always

I love these, they never disappoint and are a staple in my humi.

They're my comfort cigars and almost have a "bread dough" and slightly toasted flavor to them that I find very pleasing.

I love these, they never disappoint and are a staple in my humi.

They're my comfort cigars and almost have a "bread dough" and slightly toasted flavor to them that I find very pleasing.

You make them sound good enough to eat! :D

Awesome review like always. That is one cigar I've been meaning to try. Glad it was warm for you today, I got 20 degrees F, and a foot of snow :)

Great review! I was fortunate to be gifted one of these by a BOTL this last summer, and you absolutely nailed my impressions of the experience.

~Boar

ANOTHER great review, Antz :thumbs:

Just got some of these in a box split. Never had one and I am anxious to try them after your review.

Another excellent review! The 05's and 06's have been fantastic smokes (haven't had the chance to sample anything later than 06'). BTW Greg, if you every change careers and become a journalist for a cigar magazine, remember which board appreciated you first!

I really enjoy these. They give me that cedar flavor and fresh tobacco I crave sometimes, and it always delivers. Thanks Greg.