• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dirt under your nails.... Post pics of your plants/gardens.

Here is a smaller harvest of Cherry tomatoes (black and blue/green), yellow Jamaican mushroom peppers and a paprika pepper. I don'the have any pictures of all the okra.

20161105_162404.jpg

Because I rent, I have no plantable yard space, so I don't have a garden. Anything I want to plant, I put in my dad's garden. Part of it can be seen here in this post:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forum/index.php?threads/planted-some-hops.75428/page-2#post-1216371

Funny story about the garden. Used to be, when I went away anywhere, I'd get my dad a beer glass or local cigar or something as a souvenir. He doesn't smoke anymore, really doesn't drink anymore, either. Souvenir choices are tough for him. Last year, we're at the Grand Canyon, and I see a packet of Grand Canyon wild flower seeds. He spends all day in his garden, so this is perfect. He holds on to them until this Spring, plants them.

He tells me he spread the seeds all over the far patch you can see in the post above. But nothing happened. Except weeds everywhere. Weeds he's never even seen before. He spent a couple hours out there one day pulling the weeds. Was tired and sore from it and gave up. The weeds defeated him. And then what happens? The "weeds" start to bloom with these beautiful flowers all over the place. Glad I got him the large envelope, there's still plenty of flowers around. But I couldn't help but laugh as he's telling me the story.
I just saw this story, loved it!

image.jpg image.jpg
Thought I would revive this thread. I was showing my oldest the coffee plants in our yard so she wanted to try grow some plants. Nine seeds in the pot.

IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0227.JPG Since both children have been grown and gone we don't have vegible garden any more. There are plenty of farm stands around me so there's really no need other than enjoyment of growing something. For some time now we've been concentrating on our perennial gardens that also includes a few annuals like caina's, and dahlia's. that's in addition to the basic herb garden and potted tomatoes and basil.

Planted a handful of cherries that were past there prime. My oldest has been really excited to grow stuff, planting leaves and flowers everywhere.

Planted a handful of cherries that were past there prime. My oldest has been really excited to grow stuff, planting leaves and flowers everywhere.
I was amazed when I visited my brother and sister in law at the North Shore this past spring. They live on some sort of an agricultural community that has five acres of coconuts, lychees, figs, papayas, cashews, oranges, limes, dragonfruit, fresh eggs/chickens, and coffee. I was in heaven the whole time I was there and saw dollar signs when I realized just the sheer number of things like the lychees they had growing compared to how much they cost to buy elsewhere.

Fresh lychee does cost a pretty penny. A few heavy producers can get you a chunk of change.