• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dream cigars, but...

I'll end the debate - I'll go ahead and smoke your $17 sticks. That way you don't have to worry about saving them for a special occasion. I'll just tell you when they're smoked and they'll be special for me because they were a gift ;)

I'll end the debate - I'll go ahead and smoke your $17 sticks. That way you don't have to worry about saving them for a special occasion. I'll just tell you when they're smoked and they'll be special for me because they were a gift ;)

Even if it's a Gurkha?

Even if it's a Gurkha?

You know there are people who love that brand, Gurkaha it may not be your favorite, but some people love them.

I will share what I call a funny story:

We have this young lady who loves, Acid Brand Blondies, she is a regular at a B & M I sometimes go to.

One day I gave her an Oliva Connecutt, she smoked it and said it was very good. Another guy gave her a Cuban another daty she went wild over. (Forget the name)

Several week later I see he again and asked her to rate the three Cigars on a 1 to 10 scale with "10" being best.

Oliva score a 8 -9, Cuban was a 10, her favorite the Acid Blonde, got a 20.

All present smiles, she loves her Blondies.

You know there are people who love that brand, Gurkaha it may not be your favorite, but some people love them.

I will share what I call a funny story:

We have this young lady who loves, Acid Brand Blondies, she is a regular at a B & M I sometimes go to.

One day I gave her an Oliva Connecutt, she smoked it and said it was very good. Another guy gave her a Cuban another daty she went wild over. (Forget the name)

Several week later I see he again and asked her to rate the three Cigars on a 1 to 10 scale with "10" being best.

Oliva score a 8 -9, Cuban was a 10, her favorite the Acid Blonde, got a 20.

All present smiles, she loves her Blondies.
I’m going to say this in the nicest way possible. Absolutely no, and I do mean no, serious cigar smoker likes Gurkhas or Acid blondies. Did some maybe have a few of these starting out? Yeah. Probably so. Seriously. Man o man.

I’m going to say this in the nicest way possible. Absolutely no, and I do mean no, serious cigar smoker likes Gurkhas or Acid blondies. Did some maybe have a few of these starting out? Yeah. Probably so. Seriously. Man o man.

I will agree that Gurkha's, or Acids are not my cup of tea, but people buy things I would not take as a gift.

Plugs & tight Cigars are not because of price. Torpedos are notiourios for being tight at the Cap, some brands are just packed on the tight side. Oliva come to migh. Maybe it is because they don't want to skim on the amount of Tobacco.

Price does not guarantee perfect construction, as handmade Cigars are rolled by people. People are not precision machines, no matter how good they are, or how long they have been rolling. That why Cigar tend to be different ever from the same box.

I only know of one company who has one roller doing their top of the line stuff. Padron 90th. I believe the Cigar is called. All rolled by one person, 40 year with Padron, but I am sure that person is not a machine, and even their rolled has slight inconsistencies between Cigars.

JMHO.

P.S. If you ever encount a plug, or tight rolled Cigar that has draw problems, it a reason IMHO to own a PefecDraw Tool.:) Fixes problems with draw.
Thanks for the cigar education. Not sure how I made it around here this long without your guidance.

I give up. I'm not arguing with a fucking new guy who knows it all, and is happy to tell you about it.

I grabbed popcorn when this post started. I wasn’t disappointed. ;) And props to all the CPers who are, even now, STILL trying to keep this the friendliest cigar forum on the internet. That takes some real talent and self control.

Anyone missing the point is missing out on a wealth of knowledge and community.

I grabbed popcorn when this post started. I wasn’t disappointed. ;) And props to all the CPers who are, even now, STILL trying to keep this the friendliest cigar forum on the internet. That takes some real talent and self control.

Hey, pass the popcorn!

But...... But..... ACTUALLY........

I think you all missed the point!

My point was, much like any higher end, consumable luxury item, such as a fancy bottle of wine, shot of Single Barrel Select, or expensive meal at a restaurant, I save sticks over the $10 price point for special occasions as a reward to myself. Honestly, if I could even afford to smoke a $17 cigar every day, I would not. I would continue to stick to the $8-$10 range and use the extra money to invest/and or begin buying coins again. There are other pursuits besides cigars, and value wise, I am not going to spoil my tastes for only the finest sticks when I haven't made millions yet.

And this..........

I’m going to say this in the nicest way possible. Absolutely no, and I do mean no, serious cigar smoker likes Gurkhas or Acid blondies
Was plain rude. MMMMKAY. So have you met EVERY serious cigar smoker? The wise does not use sweeping judgements to defend their point. Let folks smoke what they want. Damn. I've heard of plenty of ladies enjoying the Blondies.....

As was this eloquent slam.......

I give up. I'm not arguing with a fucking new guy who knows it all, and is happy to tell you about it.
Having a title "habitual thread hijacker" isn't helping either, dude!

But...... But..... ACTUALLY........

I think you all missed the point!

My point was, much like any higher end, consumable luxury item, such as a fancy bottle of wine, shot of Single Barrel Select, or expensive meal at a restaurant, I save sticks over the $10 price point for special occasions as a reward to myself. Honestly, if I could even afford to smoke a $17 cigar every day, I would not. I would continue to stick to the $8-$10 range and use the extra money to invest/and or begin buying coins again. There are other pursuits besides cigars, and value wise, I am not going to spoil my tastes for only the finest sticks when I haven't made millions yet.

And this..........

Was plain rude. MMMMKAY. So have you met EVERY serious cigar smoker? The wise does not use sweeping judgements to defend their point. Let folks smoke what they want. Damn. I've heard of plenty of ladies enjoying the Blondies.....

As was this eloquent slam.......

Having a title "habitual thread hijacker" isn't helping either, dude!
This board has the largest collection of serious cigar smokers around, so members of this board can say with certainty that no serious smoker wastes their time and money on Gurkha and Acids.

As for me, I've earned my chops around here for a decade. I stand firmly behind my reputation here, so I'm not taking gruff from some new guy that no one here knows from Adam. You came to our house, so read the years and years worth of content, learn everything you want to know about the hobby, and contribute where you can. But.. if you want to come at me with guns blazing....... best of luck to you.

As far as "habitual threadjacker"... that's a an old joke between me and one of the best members this board had (who has since passed away), so I'd tread very lightly there if I were you.

This board has the largest collection of serious cigar smokers around, so members of this board can say with certainty that no serious smoker wastes their time and money on Gurkha and Acids.

As for me, I've earned my chops around here for a decade. I stand firmly behind my reputation here, so I'm not taking gruff from some new guy that no one here knows from Adam. You came to our house, so read the years and years worth of content, learn everything you want to know about the hobby, and contribute where you can. But.. if you want to come at me with guns blazing....... best of luck to you.

As far as "habitual threadjacker"... that's a an old joke between me and one of the best members this board had (who has since passed away), so I'd tread very lightly there if I were you.
Your "10 years of being a member" still gives you no right to be a rude asshole to people, buddy! I have owned and operated my own forums before and the regulars with years/posts under their belt all were extremely polite. If you've been here so long what is with your patronizing attitude? You should actually be nicer than anyone. Nobody attacked you. You got your panties in a tangle for nothing. Geez. I'm done talking to you dude.