• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dream cigars, but...

LeRoy W. Lee

Southern Charmer...
Hello. I've got 2 (or more) dream cigars I'm itching to try. Being on a budget and a fixed disability income , I can't always get what I obsessively desire and crave some times, right away... Two that are weighing on my mind right now are the Laranja Espinosa and Camacho Triple Maduro. Love the idea of citrus notes in the Espinosa and the 3X maduro in the Camacho's. Has anyone tried first-hand either of these? Please share with me your personal experiences and tastes of these two smoke. Also, where I might be able to get them as a single or 5-pack. Right now I just cannot afford to get a full box of either. Besides, I'd like to try 1 of ea. first. Thanks & Best, LeRoy L. P.S. Is there a forum on this site where someone might be able to sell me one or two ea. of these just to give a try? I know the Laranja isn't a Conn., but still want to try one. And obviously I love maduros. My two favorite wrappers and tastes... Thanks again, LL

Get in on the newbie sampler trade. You’ll get way above and beyond your money’s worth.

You could post in the buy/sell/trade part of this forum, but don’t be shocked if you’re asked to send your end (funds) first.

Occasionally some websites like Cigar.com will have free shipping on any order, singles included, no minimum.

Stick around, read up, you’ll like it here, but your wallet won’t.

One man's dream is another's nightmare.

Doc

People all have different taste buds, so each of us have our own likes, and dislikes. These is a brand of Cigar people mention to me all the time as bing great.

I will not mention the brand, but I have had 5 to 7 of their different blends that made me say so what is the big deal.

When I share this info with people in person, they become upset. My reply is simple they (the brand) is not too my LIKEING, that does not make it bad, just not to my liking.

If I said to you I like XYZ Brand and their DFR Blend there is no guarantee it will make you plate sing a happy love song.

People all have different taste buds, so each of us have our own likes, and dislikes. These is a brand of Cigar people mention to me all the time as bing great.

I will not mention the brand, but I have had 5 to 7 of their different blends that made me say so what is the big deal.

When I share this info with people in person, they become upset. My reply is simple they (the brand) is not too my LIKEING, that does not make it bad, just not to my liking.

If I said to you I like XYZ Brand and their DFR Blend there is no guarantee it will make you plate sing a happy love song.
Isn't that pretty much what Doc said (just in a more concise manner)?

Well my dream Cigar is a Liga Privada - T-52 - Double Corona, nice thing is I have a box of 24 coming in the mail today.:D

Me happy.:D I will ration them one at a time for a long time. :D

Well my dream Cigar is a Liga Privada - T-52 - Double Corona, nice thing is I have a box of 24 coming in the mail today.:D

Me happy.:D I will ration them one at a time for a long time. :D
This is a pretty good smoke. I don’t care much for many of what DE produces. I can tell you that I’ll gladly smoke any T-52, Herrera Estelí, everything else just doesn’t do it for me. In my opinion, there is something that makes the T-52 blend stand out.

This is a pretty good smoke. I don’t care much for many of what DE produces. I can tell you that I’ll gladly smoke any T-52, Herrera Estelí, everything else just doesn’t do it for me. In my opinion, there is something that makes the T-52 blend stand out.

I've been sitting on a single t-52 - should I let it rest for a while before smoking it, or should I go for it sooner, rather than later?

Edit: spelling

I've been sitting on a single t-52 - should I let it rest for a while before smoking it, or should I go for it sooner, rather than later?

If it’s been 6 months light it. It might mellow out some with a year plus, but you probably are fine either way.

I can't recall where, but somewhere I read Liga's and most DE does not age well. I have a few, just can't merit burning $17 unless it's a really good occasion.

I can't recall where, but somewhere I read Liga's and most DE does not age well. I have a few, just can't merit burning $17 unless it's a really good occasion.

I honeslty think most Cigars improved with time, I recall buying my first bundle of an inexpensive La Estrella Cubana. Opened the pack up the wrapper were like the color of a paper bad brown. They had apprently been sitting in a STG building a long time.

This cheap bundle was full of 20 good experience, at a very good price. I know people who age there Cigar upon receiving them 3 - 5 years so they can get better.

Did you wake up today? Then you have a good enough occasion to smoke your best cigars. What if you save it for that special day and it's plugged, or isn't something you enjoy? A wise man once said "Smoke your best cigars everyday. "

Did you wake up today? Then you have a good enough occasion to smoke your best cigars. What if you save it for that special day and it's plugged, or isn't something you enjoy? A wise man once said "Smoke your best cigars everyday. "

Plugs & tight Cigars are not because of price. Torpedos are notiourios for being tight at the Cap, some brands are just packed on the tight side. Oliva come to migh. Maybe it is because they don't want to skim on the amount of Tobacco.

Price does not guarantee perfect construction, as handmade Cigars are rolled by people. People are not precision machines, no matter how good they are, or how long they have been rolling. That why Cigar tend to be different ever from the same box.

I only know of one company who has one roller doing their top of the line stuff. Padron 90th. I believe the Cigar is called. All rolled by one person, 40 year with Padron, but I am sure that person is not a machine, and even their rolled has slight inconsistencies between Cigars.

JMHO.

P.S. If you ever encount a plug, or tight rolled Cigar that has draw problems, it a reason IMHO to own a PefecDraw Tool.:) Fixes problems with draw.

Plugs & tight Cigars are not because of price. Torpedos are notiourios for being tight at the Cap, some brands are just packed on the tight side. Oliva come to migh. Maybe it is because they don't want to skim on the amount of Tobacco.

Price does not guarantee perfect construction, as handmade Cigars are rolled by people. People are not precision machines, no matter how good they are, or how long they have been rolling. That why Cigar tend to be different ever from the same box.

I only know of one company who has one roller doing their top of the line stuff. Padron 90th. I believe the Cigar is called. All rolled by one person, 40 year with Padron, but I am sure that person is not a machine, and even their rolled has slight inconsistencies between Cigars.

JMHO.

P.S. If you ever encount a plug, or tight rolled Cigar that has draw problems, it a reason IMHO to own a PefecDraw Tool.:) Fixes problems with draw.

I think you're missing the point. Nobody said price reflects plugs or tight cigars, nobody. Nobody said price guarantees perfect construction either.

Why save a $17 cigar, for a special occasion? Brent was saying, that any day you wake up, is a special occasion. Nothing is guaranteed in this life.

I think you're missing the point. Nobody said price reflects plugs or tight cigars, nobody. Nobody said price guarantees perfect construction either.

Why save a $17 cigar, for a special occasion? Brent was saying, that any day you wake up, is a special occasion. Nothing is guaranteed in this life.
This is absolutely true...

Well death is guaranteed, no one get out of this world alive. But I understand the point about Cigars, like I said they are made by people. People are not machines.

Even th3e people who are the hired gun of the Cigar inductry, the sales reps that are truthful about the difference Cigar to Cigar because the product is made by human hands.

Well death is guaranteed, no one get out of this world alive. But I understand the point about Cigars, like I said they are made by people. People are not machines.

Even th3e people who are the hired gun of the Cigar inductry, the sales reps that are truthful about the difference Cigar to Cigar because the product is made by human hands.
I really don't think you "understand" the point being made here....... (and I hesitate posting this, because I am expecting the same response...)

Huh? Nobody is discussing construction or handmade or machine made. Brent made a valid point, about why save a $17 cigar and now you're on another tangent about something, totally in the opposite direction.

Go back and read what Brent (Bsneed51) stated.