• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drew Estates booze

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I think I'll be as impressed with his blend this as I am with his cigars. That is to say little to none at all. Hard to screw up rye though.

Jonathan Drew, founder of the Drew Estate cigar company, is moving into a spirits with a new venture called John Drew Brands. The new company’s portfolio initially will include Brixton Mash Destroyer—a 90-proof blend of Kentucky Bourbon and Florida rum—John Drew Rye and Dove Tale Rum. Drew sold Drew Estate to Swisher International in 2014 for an undisclosed sum.

Hopefully he'll produce a nice Flavor Town Tequila. That will make his dads Guy Fieri and Sammy Hagar very proud.

Edited to add: "Still needs a little more Coppertone flavor, son."

I'm feeling contrary so I thought I was going to be the voice of dissent on this one. I was all set to talk about how we shouldn't rush to judge, that we really should wait and see, blah blah blah. Then I realized that I don't really have any interest in trying it. So I agree with you folks. Not expecting much.

Yeah, I don't know about this. Why you gotta go and blend perfectly good KY Bourbon with rum??
Yeah I don't get that either. Just do a second aging in rum barrels. I can't do that at home. That said, if I get a chance I would try the rye. Keep the expectations low and I won't be disappointed.

I'm curious to see what JD puts out there. We'll see if the price is competitive, his palate, etc. I'm sure there'll be plenty of opinions hitting the web.

Wait, a thread bashing Drew Estate related stuff and I was late to the show? He's likely to have an event with The Party Source. If there is a tasting I will report back about anything I taste.

I've got no beef with Jonathan; there are a couple boxes of Liga #9's in the cabinet. But, his flavored stuff is just.....not in my wheelhouse.

Color me skeptical when it comes to his entry into the distilled spirit market....at least.

I can't fault the guy for producing one of the top selling cigars of all time. We may not like Acid, but the shit sells. And the guy sold at the perfect time. All those Acids will soon be made illegal by the FDA. And I'm still a fan of some of the LP stuff.