• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 RE Original Release (Mexico)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It is most definitely a picture perfect day here in the South. Clear blue sky, slight breeze, and temperature reading nearly 80 F on the back porch. I spent a few hours doing yard work; mowing, trimming, weed eating. After a nice lunch, I decided to go out and enjoy the beautiful day with a nice smoke. An OR Edmundo Dantes Conde 109.

This is a fairly nice sized cigar with medium brown wrapper that has noticeable oil and no real prominent veins. It has a good, solid weight in the hand and slightly spongy when squeezed between the fingers. I use my Palio to clip the oval shaped cap and find a little more resistance in the draw than I like, but still enough air flow to not be a problem.

With fire to the foot, I take my first draw and find the smoke with a rather mild body at first with just a hint of cinnamon spice on the back of the throat. Flavors at first remind me of some of the custom rolled cigars I’ve tried as of late. A brown sugar and honey sweetness with light toasted nuts tantalize my taste buds. I’ve read others reviews where they find a cross between a Montecristo and H. Upmann profile, however I’m not getting this in the first third of the cigar.

The body seems to have picked up to a good medium a little over a third in. A perfect amount of spice is still coming through in the initial draw and the same sweet flavors when exhaling through the mouth and nose. There’s an added dark, rich earthiness towards the halfway mark that’s very good. The finish is good, but I wouldn’t say very good. My mouth is somewhat dry after exhaling, which could be associated with the pollen that’s floating in the air.

In the final third, I could actually detect that Monte/Upmann profile mix coming through with what seemed like dark berry, rich earth, and a nice woodiness in the undertone. I’m still getting the dark brown sugar and honey notes as well, with good spice in the medium bodied smoke. The finish has picked up as well leaving a nice twang on the palate that’s lasting.

I’m thinking this smoke is still young yet with flavors not having reached their full potential. Not that the cigar isn’t good now as it is, however I’d love to revisit one of these in a few years or so. Again, this was a very good smoke with complex flavors, perfect burn/draw, and good finish. I’d like to graciously thank my good friend Jeff (Jlada) for gifting this cigar to me. Thank you sir!

04-04-09EdDantes109001.jpg

04-04-09EdDantes109002.jpg

04-04-09EdDantes109003.jpg

Thanks for another great review Greg. The one I smoked a couple weeks ago was outstanding and complex. I found it very creamy and very tasty.