• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Escudo comparison : '07 and '16

aeroswat

After getting in a new tin of Escudo was wanting to compare it against some older stock to if there would be a difference between them. I've opened up a tin from 2007 to compare.

New tin is on left, tin from '07 is on right

13974-8414f07a30635df42a7e339ec277e2ff.jpg

13977-002ed0b89d05834722d61d18a1454a87.jpg

13975-8d4423287cb914ef22225ddfcae611f7.jpg

13976-6c98da5951eb6a409acab28a87cc6795.jpg

I've been smoking these pretty much all week, out of different pipes.

Tin smell from '07 is intense and makes the newer one seem muted, very sweet and plummy. Flavors reminds me why this is one of my favorites, the dark sweetness, like plums or raisins, some say figs but i've never had figs, pepperness from the perique, very smooth and very enjoyable, cool, no bite.

I probably should have opened newer tin first as I've said after the older tin this one seemed to be very muted, grassy and fruity. The flavors seemed the same as well, grassiness, hay, peppers, but not as intense as the older tin, the fruitiness wasn't as evident. I've read that newer Escudo is being tinned by STG/Stokkebye and don't know is this is difference or if it was the aging. It is still a nice smoke, cool, no bite but I will be aging newer stock I got/get.

Escudo is one of my favorites and something I will always keep on hand.

Old Escudo sounds good. It sounds like what I look for in a VaPer. I myself would assume the fruitiness is coming from a splendid Perique. So, although you can get a form of aging in vacuum sealed tins, I also wonder how much of the difference can be attributed to the tobaccos. The current stuff hasn't hit my pleasure center well enough. I have a few VaPers that do, but now I'm going to have to try to find some old Escudo as you've got me curious.

Thanks for taking the time to write about them.

Escudo is one of my favorites. Have a couple tins stashed away, think they're from around '10 or so, will have to check now!