• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Esteban Carreras Chupacabra Hellcat Toro Grande (6 1/2 x 54)

Have you had this cigar?

• Total voters

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Esteban Carreras Chupacabra Hellcat Toro Grande (6 1/2 x 54)

http://halfwheel.com/esteban-carreras-chupacabra-hellcat-toro-grande

Had the chance to smoke one of these last night at a Cigar Tasting event last night here in Colorado Springs.

Over all not a bad cigar for the price (free).

Pre-Light: NO-NONE-ZERO pre light aroma, super toothy dark chocolate coloured wrapper with a shag foot and pig tail. Really good construction, pre-light draw was super tight.
The draw made it a bit harder than it needed to be to light.

1/3: Nice distinct burn line, i like it when you good that nice black line around the cigar. It is still super tight on the draw, producing little smoke because of this, and I had to pace myself because of the draw or risk getting it to hot. Light leather and hints of earth and wood.

2/3: Second verse same as the first. Started to cone on me, so I had to slow down. Also purged at this point and opened up a slight toffee note.

3/3: At long last it opened up. All the flavours noted above finally came alive and asserted them selves. The last 3rd was a real pleasure to smoke, to bad it too so long to get there.

At the 1/2 mark a noted to my friends I was with that the cigar felt either young, or fresh off the truck. After talking with he owner - he had just got the cigars in the day before....(backorder)

Final notes: 75/100 because of the draw. If I was smoking this one at the house it would not have lasted past the first inch, I don't have time to fight cigars anymore...I would not be opposed to trying this again, if I had time to let it rest for a month or so. Also, never been a fan of the box press, but this one was done well.

Tim