• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Famous Cigar Smokers

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I have a few and hey, we cigar smokers need all the heroes we can get :D ! Now I am not talking about those that pose with an unlit cigar once in a blue moon just to be considered a "cigar guy". I am talking about serious smokers who would be in for a nice one with one of us. I'll go first:

*Orson Wells: Once said "cigars are my inspiration"

*Rush Limbaugh: Former cigarette-smoker, had an upper respiratory issue because of them and now smokes only cigars

*Winston Churchill: I heard he smoked about ten per day

:D

Sam Clemmons
Sigmund Freud
Alfred Dunhill
Albert Einstein
William Faulkner
Earnest Hemingway
John Kennedy
William Clinton

...just to name a few.

JerryG

JerryG said:
William Clinton
Jerry....I can't believe you'd include this "person" iin with this distinguished list of cigar SMOKERS!! :sign: :sign: :p :)

Now, someone got alist for Cigar "Pokers"...put him at the top!!! :sign: :lookup: :0

BW :D

UFGH! Limbaugh is barely human let alone distinguished!

Don't forget the gals!

Vanessa Williams
Anne Archer
Madonna
Kate Beckinsale
Catherine The Great
Claudia Schiffer
Ione Skye
Ashley Judd
Katherine Graham

Plus these boys..
Clark Gable
Rex Harrison
Louis B. Mayer
Ernie Kovacs

Dawn already mentioned one of my favorites, Ernie Kovacs. Here are a few more lovers of the leaf:

U.S. Grant
Groucho Marx
W.C. Fields
Zino Davidoff
Gerald Ford (known more as a pipe smoker)
Frank Sinatra

Dawn said:
Vanessa Williams
Madonna
Claudia Schiffer
Ashley Judd
Seriously, these women head to their local shop in search of an Opus? I haven't done extensive research and these were the only ones on your post that I knew, but I am looking for real cigar smokers here. Does Madonna really relax after a hard day of film-making with a Perdomo Reserve? Can Vanessa Williams really been seen smoking a robusto at her favorite cigar bar?

???

Boys, let's not forget another famous, fallen hero of ours:

ARCHIE BUNKER!!! Ya' gotta' love him, even if he is a bigot! ;) :)

can't be sure about Maddonna, but Williams is an avid Cigar smoker. She is in New York now doing "Into The Woods" on Broadway w/ a friend of mine..the lady is a true indulger. As are Kate Beckinsale and her husband Michael Sheen.

Big Worm said:
Boys, let's not forget another famous, fallen hero of ours:

ARCHIE BUNKER!!! Ya' gotta' love him, even if he is a bigot! ;) :)
I didn't know that Archie Bunker was a cigar guy. As to the bigot point, I always believed he said what most people were afraid to say in public most of the time.

Let me add the late great Jackie Gleeson. Watching that man's reruns always made me laugh.

Emo

SIDE NOTE: Tonight CBS is running a movie on Gleeson called "The Great One" with the guy that plays the brother (can't remember his name right off) on Everybody Loves Raymond starring as Gleeson.

Shadow said:
Tonight CBS is running a movie on Gleeson called "The Great One" with the guy that plays the brother (can't remember his name right off) on Everybody Loves Raymond starring as Gleeson.
If I remember the radio ad correctly, his name is Brad Garrett. He's a good actor from what little I have seen (Suicide Kings, Everybody Loves Raymond). Good call, Shadow.

What about Clint Eastwood?! He's a fan favorite of mine. And John Travolta. While he's been on the cover of CA, he has done good work with charities and seems to be a very nice guy.

My .02 cents worth.

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

My favorites would be

George Burns, Groucho and John Kennedy :D

Awesome dudes.............

Dawn-

Rush Limbaugh is one of the (if not the) greatest political comentaries of our time, and anybody that listens to the man regularly will agree. however other political players down his ideas often so uninformed political amatures are constantly bashing him. Never on specific issues our idea's... just in genral bashing him. And he loves to flaunt the fact that he is an avid cigar smoker. He is at the top of my list.
Bill clinton in no way resembles a hero

... hence the screen name.

Sorry,I disagree with his entire political philosophy. While i agree Clinton is not the best example of my political views,I cannot suppot the republican platform on many thing. I do not like discussing politics on these boards so i will leave it at that. I am a devout liberal on most issues...not to say some consevatives views are not incompatable with me..I do not put myself into any particular party.