• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Famous Nicaraguan Habano Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I received this robusto sized cigar in a PIF last week and was told it’s a Nicaraguan bundle smoke, will find out exactly what and adjust the heading when I do. The cigar has a dull, medium brown wrapper that doesn’t have much by way of oil, a good deal of tooth throughout, and one prominent vein running the length. It has a slight give when squeezed and feels a bit light in the hand making me think there may be a loose draw, so I punch the cap with the smallest ring on my knife, find the draw perfect, and then finish punching with the largest ring. There’s a good tobacco taste coming through in the cold draw.

After getting the foot burning even, I take a few puffs and then a long draw to find a perfect amount of spice on the throat. The smoke itself is a medium strength, has a somewhat mild body, and a very good richness coming through with flavors of vanilla, toasted nuts, sweet cocoa, and light wood. There’s a really nice twang in the finish that is lasting on the palate. An unbanded RASS was also included in the package, and I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve mistakenly grabbed it instead.

The burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming that has noticeable tooth throughout. I’m finding the smoke consistent in spice, strength, and body, flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. Flavors are consistent as well with vanilla and toasted nuts prominent, the finish continuing to be lasting on the palate.

Halfway through and into the final third, this cigar performed perfectly with sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors and lasting finish. Towards the end, it seemed the spice actually kicked up a notch with the body becoming full, huge amounts of smoke poured through, smooth and delicious. I very much enjoyed this cigar and look forward to finding out what it is exactly and where it came from. Thanks for an excellent smoke!

Edit to add...this turned out to be a Famous Nicaraguan Habano Robusto!

11-24-09NicBundle001.jpg

11-24-09NicBundle002.jpg

11-24-09NicBundle003.jpg

Thanks for yet another great review! Famous Nic, perhaps?

I've been curious about the Nic 5000s for a while but have yet to get around to buying a bundle. They look great and get good reviews. This one isn't a 5000 but they have several Nic bundle cigars now.

Please let us know if you find out what it is! :)

That "marbling" (for lack of a better term) in the foot looks really good. I'm a big fan of Nic smokes, but I haven't tried any of the cheaper bundles available. May have to jump off that cliff soon. :)

Greg, everytime you review something I want to go out and try it.

Thank you for the review as always.

Judging by the majority of your reviews, Greg, I assumed you didn't test too many of the bundle smokes. This has quickly become one of my goto yard/golf 'gars. I'm always looking for that hidden gem and was pleased to find this cigar. Glad you enjoyed it!! :thumbs:

Derek

btw...6 months downtime did WONDERS for these cigars. I can't wait to see what some serious downtime does...