• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Freezerator Build (Keezer)

Why only two taps?  Or at least it looks like you only drilled for 2 taps.  Isn't your freezer big enough to hold 4 corny kegs?

Only two commercial kegs/brews for now, as I can always increase the taps later on.

I just can't see myself drinking/having more than 2 kegs on tap at a time. 

Once I start home brewing it will be nice to have the extra space to store the corny's.

Once I start home brewing it will be nice to have the extra space to store the....Sankes ;)

Final coat of varnish was put on last night, and I took this pic today. Going to set until Sunday in which it will get 100% silicone in the seams and a nice fat bead along the top of the freezer to seal to the bottom of the collar.

Final pics added! I've been through a 1/6th of Stone GoTo IPA, a 1/6th of Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA, and I currently have a 1/2bbl of GoTo in there now that's pouring right at 38º thanks to this lil guy. (My air temp is set at 36º)

I clean my lines with PBW after every keg using the Micro Matic D Pressurized 5L keg cleaner and it's a joy to use.

After my last pour for the night I use a water only squirt bottle and spray out the inside of the Perlick faucet, then let drip dry and push on the silicone cover to prevent any foreign nasties from residing in the nooks and crannies.

My pressure is set right at 12psi for those curious.

Thanks guys!

Forget to thank you for this thread. It helped me get mine built. Prost

Glad to hear it man!

Here she sits as of this minute.

B1F50DCA-1B7B-4323-8C98-F67CA61C9837_zpsuhgcujaf.jpg

I have newer pics, but I think the only thing that has changes is the location....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407338325952055_zps66e01cc6.jpg

Tim how do you get 1/2bbls up and over the top of the collar? 1/6 and 1/4 kegs I can do solo.

I always have to make sure I have some brawny men with me to lift the 160lb monster.

I am considering getting a 1 ton hoist from Harbor Frieght.

Just make a hoist and hang it from you garage rafters. I made one for my Jeep hard top.

Google keg hoist.

I found this, I think I'll keep it on the couch.  :whistling:

I actually have one but it was too lightweight to lift a full 1/2 bbl.

I just need something a bit more heavy duty than this

I only use home brew kegs