• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Freezerator Build (Keezer)

about time for me to add a 3rd tap, and a better drip tray...always something to spend $$$$ on

A drip tray that is strong enough to hold a full pint is something I've been wanting for a while now. Where are you getting yours from?

edit to add: I was considering this 5lb parts holder and just buy a grill and be done with it.

In an effort to minimize electronic dependency when loading kegs, I decided to go with this unit. I has a 20% off coup making final cost $43.58

Looks good!

I get a lot of my brewing things at HF.

I need to build an elevated rolling dolly to move around fermenters, so I dont have to run 20ft of hose to fill them.
Figure if I make it the same height as the shelf they sit on in the fridge, I can fill at the boil kettle then roll it to the fridge and slide it in.

Also, if I can find a way to jack it up about a foot it will make transfer from the fermenter to the keg faster.

I am sure HF has everything I need for this project.

T

Rockin & Hoisting!

32F9BB17-8894-40DE-B9A5-B3260506B095_zpssel65fzr.jpg

Fill it with Sculpin or some Speedway Stout and I'm in it with ya!

emoshun said:
Looks like with Drakes I have to actually purchase the keg itself. Beer to Go
Wow, 70.00 for the keg is a steal! [emoji6] I really like when breweries do that. They don't expect the keg back that way! It allows me to buy a keg for cheap and fill it with homebrew.

Every time I see this thread pop up, it makes me want to finish my freezer that much faster.  Maybe I will get some additional work on it this weekend.

That Drake's keg is a pretty good deal, and the best part is I drive by Drake's at least 3-4 times a week...

I finally got around to getting mine almost finished.

Hopefully next week it will be up and running...

20150328_092400_zpsocppsgie.jpg

That's awesome man!

I ended up ordering one of these babies to keep my shanks ice cold and put an end to the first glass having a tad too much foam.

dual_tower_cooler.50100400_std.JPG

Also since I started placing my Eva-Dry e-500's behind each fan, I've had no issues with moisture buildup!

Per this article

Do you runthat always on?

I have an outlet in the coloer of my build that is switched by the temp controller, but it is not always on.

I haven't installed the shank blower yet, but would probably have it on a timer.

I get home at 6, so it it turns on at 4:30 and cools until say 9:30 I'd be overjoyed with that. (I'd imagine 1.5hrs of pre-cooling shanks will be plenty)